Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Al & Di

This is a very enjoyable listen, Alan. You are a treasure trove of good instrumentals. Not that we do not enjoy your rare vocals.

The mandola sounds great.

A strong band and mix, as always!

We have a framed photo of Crested Butte, CO we shot years ago that looks similar to your cover photo and, boy, those mountains are magical indeed. Wish we were there now!

Enjoyed it!

J&B

PS. We hope things will settle down soon for you and Di.

Hey Guys ...

Thanks a bunch for the very kind comments.

The mandola was my first choice, but I previewed 5 or 6 other possibilities. However, none of the other instruments seemed to to give the song the "character identity" my occasionally-working brain had embraced. So, the choice was easy. I like the slightly lower, richer sound the mandola provided vs a mandolin.

A "treasure trove"? Not so sure about that but a pretty decent song here and there. But I certainly appreciate your appreciation for my efforts.

I lived in Denver for 4 years back in the 70s. I still own 5.3 acres almost 10,000 feet up, just north of Cripple Creek. Paid $17,500 for it in 1979. My guess is if I had appraised, it would be worth a few dollars more today! Never got to Crested Butte. Gunnison is as close as I got. Sure is pretty up there in mountains.

Getting ready to post another one either this evening or tomorrow - has a very unusual chord pattern. Sometimes my brain takes backroads from my song's beginning to its end, rather than sticking to the previously charted route. And you never know what you'll find on those backroads! Occasionally there's a hidden gem there if you poke around a little bit.

Again, many thanks.

Alan

OK, my PS: I'm doing much better. They had to go back and so some repairs on one of my previous surgeries. But it's all good (or nearly so) now. However, Di is slowly regressing. We don't publicly make a big deal of our faith, but it sure helps us in troubled times. There's not much time for sleep and rest, but I have to take care of her. She's a fabulous lady and deserves the best care she can get from the professionals, as well as from me.

Last edited by Al-David; 08/06/22 10:12 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops