Hi,

I registered to the forum just to reply to this post.
I've used BIAB way in the past, and I've come back to it just this year.
Seeing the user interface nearly drove me to tears.

What is keeping you from updating it? It looks and feels as if development was never done against any sort of planning. Hard decisions seem to have been put off, investments have not been made.

Can you tell me, how much time do you spend keeping the old stuff alive in changing environments? How often did you think "if only I had chosen the newer path 5 years ago, I could now easily do this and that, and make the program look shiny and fresh..." And that growing group of Mac users that complain of the differences between the Mac and Windows versions.. porting could be so easy! The new platforms that mobile devices offer... ah, but that is not even about the UI..

You could make use of a GENERATION (it's 2011!) of new insights in how to build a user interface, how to organize code, install, distribute, etc..

Are you just not aware? Is it that you are afraid of something? Are you just unable to set aside the time and money? I can't believe you wouldn't give a ***. How long do you think you can rely on the comments of your long time customers like the ones above, who have aged along with your program? Do you read other threads, where people complain about not getting their money's worth with an upgrade? Is the interface part of their complains? Or do you rely on those loyal clients who fork out the cash and spend time to defend that it was worth it once again. You survived Microsofts funny Songsmith-experiment, my guess is the next time they or another big software company seriously try, it's all over for BIAB.

PLEASE! Update the user interface. Do it for this new generation of users, that may open up to the music styles that you provide, that they never hear on the radio. Do it to help keep the practice of playing musical instruments alive, rather than seeing more and more people "do it all" from the computer. Do it because you know that even though they like it, you are still fooling those clients who just don't realize what a fresh interface would do for them.

Above all, do it because you owe it to yourself. Recognize that this program is too good to grow old and die of some compatibility issue that you just can't solve anymore.
If you don't know how, get help!

Eddy