Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
As a side note, I don't compress these files. Years ago I did compress them using some kind of "Zip software" but when it came time to uncompress and retrieve them the Zip software failed and my files were lost.

A lot of us users of a certain age go back to a time when buying new storage media required a mortgage, so we looked for ways to save space. I remember thinking my system was hot because I added a second 40 MEG hard drive. MEGABYTE! And saying "What am I going to do with all this space? I'll NEVER fill this drive up!"

Remember partitioning drives because adding a second drive was expensive? What a difference 30 years makes. My smallest desktop now has 3 drives in it. Once has 4. And I would venture a guess that most people here can say the same bedcause this user base overall has a higher geek level than most.

Great example for me is the computer in the bedroom that is connected to my TV in there. It mainly holds movies and concert videos. About a year ago I decided to change D and E to 1T solid state drives. Took about an hour per drive to copy from spinning drive to SSD, and now that system runs like buttah!

Matt, you gotta be in nerd heaven with that new system.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.