I just tried Chord AI today. The short answer for me is it's sort of okay. It's considerably better than Chordify, another app that's supposed to do the same thing. But neither one is there yet.

Fussy details follow.

I tried it on: "There is Only You" by Art Porter, "Before You Go" by Lyle Mays, and Eric Reed's jazz version of "Prelude in E Minor" by Chopin. For me these are hard tunes to figure out the changes for. They are tunes I already had in BIAB, so I created a new copy of the tune and substituted the AI changes. In many cases the app chose different changes than I would - but that could happen with other musicians. We often hear changes differently.

But in some cases the changes were just dead wrong. I could give a number of examples, but the simplest is that in identical repeats Chord AI chose different chords. (Chordify does the same thing.)

So, is Chords AI worth it? In spite of my comments I'm thinking yes. It's not perfect, but it would give me the tunes structure and a place to start. I think it would save me time when I'm trying to figure out tunes I find in Youtube that I can't find the changes for.