Originally Posted By: jannesan
Dark lyrics handled with a light pop feel, interesting combination and you have made it work. "I'm lost in my own little world", I know that feeling wink
Good structure, enjoyed the band and the mix.
Excellent work with Natalie, sounding very real and intimate. I'm yet to try her as the lead singer...
Janne

Thank you, Janne, for taking the time to listen and for your kind feedback.

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Soundwise reminds me of that certain Irish band with a short name, but also like mentioned above, another Irish band The Cranberries and Natalie sounds eerily like their singer Dolores O'Riordan reborn - I listened their song Linger after your song...

Man, I completely forgot about 'Linger'.... I don't think I've heard this song in over 10 years.... it's not often played on the radio here.
Thanks for bringing the song to my attention again, Janne!

Since most of my songs with vocals are sooner or later compared to Dolores O'Riordan, I took the time to do
The ultimate test:
  • I bought the Karaoke version of 'Linger'.
  • I created a vocal track with the female vocaloids I own (Eleanor, Natalie, Weina and Solaria)
  • I listened a lot

My highly unscientific results:
  • the voice that sounds most like Dolores is Eleanor
  • the voice that sounds closest to Dolores' expression(!) is Natalie
  • a HUGE part of Dolores' sound are the background vocals (mostly from Eleanor and Solaria), even without her Irish background I seem to find very similar harmonies.
    It's not a conscious decision, I just sing along and the harmonies are there.

So if you (or dcuny) want to write a Cranberries song, the above is the recipe grin

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube