Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Well, this one got me real good. I was reading the lyrics as the song played, wondering which of them was at fault for the divorce, and then POW! It was a little like that Bruce Willis movie where it turns out he was dead all along. Musically, it sounded great as always. I look at your list of RTs and I gotta think I must be doing something wrong, cuz I don't use that many on a song. I'm sure it's more work to do it that way, but just listen to the results! Fine, fine work.

Thanks, TM. I told Bill when I started working with the lyric that he sent me that I "hate dead wife songs". They are typically so manipulative - but I thought he handled it in a unique way...so proceeded...
I have a tendency to end up with a lot of RTs because I am using them to change up the underlying sound slightly as the song progresses (they never appear all at the same time). I don't usually use a Style - I simply pick RTs that will fit as I go....

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Like Marty, I read the lyrics first and you tell a wonderful story.
A bit sad, but that's life sometimes.
As always I LOVE your singing and the harmonies you come up with.
Choice of instruments, arrangement and mix are very good, I like how you make all those instruments sound open and wide.

Thanks, B.D. - the story-line is all Bill's doing, so he deserves the credit for that....