Originally Posted By: Planobilly
The "These Lyrics Do Not Exist" AI was of interest to me because it seemed to have a different sort of take on lyric development. A good idea generator.

TLDNE is certainly less literal-minded and moronically focused on rhythmic rhyming. I don’t know what its training matter may have been, for comparison, but I really did find “Absolute as Love” both thought-provoking and weirdly emotionally provoking, and I would use those lyrics as is with appropriate music. Indeed, I would love to hear some AI vocal headbanger shriek them out on my iMac.

Quote:
I think most of us here write lyrics because we like it, and even if an AI could do a far superior job, that would take some of the fun out of the endeavor. On the other hand, if writing lyrics is not fun and the only thing that keeps someone from creating songs is lyric writing, an AI could be an excellent thing.

I would love to hear an AI shrieking AI lyrics because I am one of the lyrics-challenged people you mention and I could indeed find in tools like TLDNE ideas for songs to have AI singers sing.

Quote:
Although AI has been around for some time now, I think it is just now beginning to expand very rapidly.

I think you’re right, and it seems to have to do mostly with language processing, and it is astonishing. It’s 2023, nobody can tell ChatGPT from a human without specialized AI-detection software like GPTZero, and human artists are in a panic over the images DALL-E can generate in response to a short prompt from anyone with zero artist skills. You can subscribe to an AI friend for free and an AI girlfriend for money. Can AI therapists be far behind?

Your dream of an AI-wired future is someone else’s nightmare, in terms of the potential privacy issues! But it’s hard to walk away from massive convenience, and right now, today, asking ChatGPT a technical question makes Googling seem like hard work. =8^)

In my own life, while she’s hardly an AI, I’m really dependent on speech communication with Siri via my HomePod, and was horrified by a brief problem where I could no longer control my Hue house lights by voice and needed to do it from my iPhone. Would I complain if “she” learned my usage patterns and conditions and silently began varying the lighting without being asked?

Is all this speech-related stuff really just a prelude to the Post-Verbal Age of AI, where we are no longer bothered with having to tell AIs what we want, they figure it all out for us, and without telling us?

2025 is going to be interesting.