Bottomland

Yep, floyd is playing lead guitar! This is a current mix with different drums, new fx and new mastering of the eight year old original. We’ve done 101 (really) collabs with floyd over the last 11 years and this is the only one with him soloing. We originally sent it to him for an opinion on the mix and back it comes with a solo! He did a great job supporting the stark arrangement and dark mood of the lyric and Janice’s vocal. So thank you Sticky Fingers - the blues name we gave him at the time. smile And thank y’all for the time to hopefully listen and comment. Oh, and, yes, we know the tune does not resolve on the root chord smile - we felt it added to the unresolved theme of the lyric.

Vocal: Rodes NT1 mic > Blue Icicle interface > Izotope Nectar > Logic Pro

Solo Guitar: Fender Stratocaster DI > Scarlett interface > Waves GTR3

Bass: RealTrack 564 Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065 > Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3

Drums: RealDrums BluesRock128 > Waves CLA Drums

Guitar Rhythm: RealTrack 565: Electric, Rhythm Blues Monday Sw 065 > 140 EMT Plate Reverb sim

Mastering: Ozone Dynamic EQ > Ozone Vintage EQ > Ozone imager > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance > Logic Prox X Loudness Meter

Bottom Land
© 2014-2023 Janice & Bud Merritt

I've been suffocating in this dank bottom land

There's never a leaf moving in the bottom land

The heat's been pressin' me down like God's own hand

I dreamed it's different over Jerusalem ridge

I've heard tales of peace beyond the ridge

Family says you ain't leaving, this is your heritage

Five generations have left nothing to call my own

Blood feuds and murder, nothing to call my own

Less I count seven sunken graves with one field stone

I could wake up and walk off the land tomorrow