Quote:

Windows based system cons:
-System clutters up in time, making the system slow
-System needs constant maintenance to assure smooth operation

Mac system pros:
-a Mac WORKS, no need for constant maintenance
-installation of printers and other devices are super easy (yes, easier than Windows Plug and Pray)
-fantastic controls (mouse and touchpad) and intuitive lay-out
-great design

I know there are other issues to consider, but these are the things that really made me start thinking about a Mac. I realize the computer is just a tool, but most typical consumers (of which I consider myself one) want it to be fun to use also. The fewer headaches the better.

I admit that the Adobe/Mac issue and resulting lack of flash is a bit of a pain.

@Manning -- I don't intend to use many audio tracks. Probably not more than 3 or 4, tops. I also don't use tons of soft synths. The truth is music RECORDING is a small part of what I use the computer for. I hear you regarding checking out systems first. With my own inquiries and all of the good information from the friendly folks here, I will certainly be in a position to make an informed decision when I decide to make a purchase. In the end, I suspect it will be fine either way.

@Steve - Thanks for the information about the glare. I don't have lots of light behind my work space, but I do have windows in front of and to the left of where my computer is located. As I use the computer for some light photo editing and for working on documents, this could be something worth thinking more about.

@ Gary -- I figure it's only a matter of time before Macs have similar issues to PCs re: viruses, etc. I suspect the first big virus is going to be a real problem, because everyone assumes Macs don't have this issue and I doubt they will be ready for it.