Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Okay. Copy/paste does not misquote. Here's a copy/paste from the Tunecore website....

Putting ”Publishing” in the title doesn’t make it so—as I pointed out by quoting another page from Tunecore. I have also quoted extensively from the LOC.

Because some are apparently still confused on the issue, Tunecore has no ability to compel monies on behalf of any of their clients unless they, as publishers, have filed the proper forms with the LOC — that they clearly state they do not do.

BTW, I have also pointed out that the PROs are in the same boat. They cannot compel either. It is only the publishers who are able to sue. That both can collect money—and do—has nothing to do with this.

The OP was about Copyright and I have done my best to answer this.

What is your problem with that?

LOL, I don't know if Tunecore publishes works or if they just pretend they do on the web. They're of no concern to me. I have no dealing with them in any fashion or form. I have music distributed world wide in a documentary and music played and mentioned by name in a scene in a movie that's also distributed world wide. I get my checks.

Look closely again at Mr. Henry's quote you've referenced and posted multiple times and see if you see where you replaced something he actually wrote with another word that doesn't have the same meaning and changes what he did say into what you're thinking he said.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.