How all this sounds also depends on if you own these voice databases. If you own and use them, they are almost instantly recognizable as software generated.

That is not a bad thing or a good thing. It is what it is.

While AI and software-generated voices are commonly compared to human voices, that comparison is not very meaningful. AI sounds like AI and humans sound like humans.

I assume the idea is for AI to perfectly replicate human vocals. I assume someday that may happen. Just not today.

What I think will be more interesting is for AI voices to be able to produce really interesting sounds that humans can not.

Well, yes, I would like to "own" a robot that I could send to the store to bring me some Blue Bell ice cream using their own money they made working for someone else while I was asleep. Then come home and sing in the style of Willie Nelson to some BIAB song that I combobulated. No, I am serious, that would be cool.

That does bring up some legal and ethical issues. If the robot is so "human-like" is it OK to "own" it? What would Willie have to say about all that?...lol

So far it is pretty easy to tell the difference from a robot singer and a human...lol

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo