Originally Posted By: rayc

You'll note that I used the term "complainant", (mashup of claimant & complaint), rather than copyright holder. The claimant doesn't seem to need to establish ownership before getting the benefit.

When a video is pulled without warning, that should only be done in response to a request by a legitimate rights holder and the only defense is a sync license.

Otherwise, these things can be fought, often successfully, especially when done by a copyright troll. There is no reason to let the bad actors win.

Sync licenses are often easy to get once you know how to contact the publishers and those who won't allow them tell you over the phone or by email. If someone wants to start a separate thread, I'll be glad to share some of my tips on this and dealing with copyright trolls. Sure beats paying the hourly I charge for telling corporate clients the same thing on the phone. Of course, I deal with specific situations in that environment and often write the exact response that is needed.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5