Originally Posted By: jcland
Since the OP's original question was how to capture the audio output from BIAB, I am going to put my 2 cents in.

For 30+ years now I have used Total Recorder Pro to capture any audio I play and I highly recommend it. The program does an excellent job on capturing MIDI audio from BIAB. The default saved file is WAV but there are other options as well.

It will capture any sound that is sent to the computer speaker.

It's not a freebee but a lifetime license is only $39

You can check it out here.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/productfr_trPRO.htm

Glad it's working for you! No disrespect to the product intended, but I hesitate to invest in an app that hasn't been updated since 2015.

I've been using VB-Audio's VoiceMeeter (basic and extended versions (Banana and Potato)) for years. They were last updated late last year (2022). They're donationware. Many years ago, I donated $5 for the audio cables (last update 2015) and $20 for VoiceMeeter Potato (covers all three), but you're not required to donate anything to use them, so you can easily try them for free and only donate if the spirit so moves you.

VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana
Dedicated VoiceMeeter website with tutorials and documentation

Note that the VoiceMeeter installer (v1.0.x) installs just the basic version. The VoiceMeeter Banana installer (v2.0.x) installs the basic and Banana versions. The VoiceMeeter Potato installer (v3.0.x) installs all three versions.

Also note that the dedicated VoiceMeeter website is relatively new (first time I've seen it; found it while looking for updated user docs). The latest additions to Potato are amazing!

EDIT 1: I just noticed that there is a dedicated webshop. VoiceMeeter costs $15, Banana costs $30 and Potato costs $35 for a license after 30 days of use (to get rid of the occasional nag). I'm checking with them to see if they'll discount the Potato license by the $20 I donated back in 2016.

EDIT 2: I heard back from VB-Audio re pricing for Potato and a possible discount for having donated earlier. [I highly recommend going with Potato, since it provides all three versions, and you can use which ever is appropriate for a given task.]

You actually have these choices when buying a license for Potato. All versions are identical. You pick one you feel is appropriate for you. The devs suggested I just pick the "I'm a fan" since I'd already donated $20.

Licence prices
P1 - I'm a fan ($10)
P2 - I use it occasionally ($20)
P3 - I use it regularly ($35)
P4 - I use it professionally ($50)
P5 - I support the R&D team! ($100)

Last edited by TheMaartian; 06/03/23 11:28 PM.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770