Originally Posted By: dunbar7376
Hello Dan,

when you say you have an arrangement in the works, are you using Band in a Box exclusively to "drive" the sounds, and/or another DAW, and/or NI's hardware?

I am willing to go overboard and get the whole Collector's Edition at $899 (50%) off, but am wondering if I can then simply use the sounds within BinABox (part of my workflow also includes the DAW, Mixcraft).

I am also considering getting the hardware bundle that they are offering, but rarely compose on a music keyboard.

Hello Tom,
Thanks for asking. My current project is EZKeys2,EZBass,EXDrum3, Session Guitars Mint and me on my Strat. So no BIAB in this arrangement (so far). But BIAB is not far from all my work since even if it is not present, it is likely that it provided some spark of inspiration along the way.

I can tell you that Kontakt VI's works in BIAB. So yes, you will likely be able to use the "sounds" in BIAB. However, IMO, BIAB lacks the features to do final arranging, mixing and mastering needed for final production. So while I may start in BIAB, I always end up in Reaper.

I have worked hard over the past years to increase my composing on a keyboard. I can tell you the NI hardware keyboards can be a great investment in your long term music plans. So even if you are not a pianoist, playing chords/pads or driving a synth or kontakt instrument engine has permitted more of me in my music.

And finally, although you did not ask... while I have no problem recommending the Collectors Edition, I can't help but think that is a crazy amount of new-software to buy at one time. The way NI sells these packages makes it no more costly to buy-up over time instead of all at once. So unless you have your eyes on something specific, may be best to slow down a bit. The Stand and Ultimate Editions are a life time of sounds. But if you have more money then you know what to do with it.... have fun.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper