Originally Posted By: Birchwood
When I saw the title I scratched my head and tought 'oke...??'

Ha! laugh

Quote:
A very nice/sensitive song sung by Natalie in a surprisingly good way. Man you really learned a lot how to tame them...

I really like the lower register in Natalie's voice.

Part of the "trick" is moving the Tone Shift option to have her grab a slightly different timbre when she's on high notes.

The other is to manually "tune" notes where her vibrato is a bit much. Natalie has a really nice voice, but her vibrato can be quite fast, which I'm not a fan of. I would have preferred a wider vibrato in some places, but I stuck with those the AI generated to keep her in character.

I also adjusted Kevin's parameters a bit so he blended in more. He's got a vary nasal and forward voice. I wasn't sure I could use him, but with the adjustments he fit in surprisingly well.

Quote:
The feelings in her voice sounded so real.

Thanks, I think a lot of the "feeling" comes from the phrasing of the notes.

I tried phrasing things the way I thought a real singer would do it. And I couldn't resist giving her a bit of of Barbra Streisand "O bright heav'n's Sun". laugh

The notes where the pitch is held flat is where she sounds the most synthetic. That's where you can hear that the synthesis engine has issues. But the AI usually introduces a lot of jitter to the pitch line, giving it vibrancy and life.

Thanks for listening, and your kind words.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?