Let’s stay on the one topic posed by Bernard in the original post of this thread: how could AI help BIAB? The post about supporting time signatures was a hijack of sorts because this is a technical limitation solvable by conventional programming.

Time signatures deserves its own separate thread.

I try to make the best of the situation that I have an idea in my head and in auditioning many possible styles, I can get sidetracked, but that’s part of the creative process to use the tools you have.

Actually, since the beginning of RealTracks in 2009, I rarely use styles. Instead I pick individual RealTracks one by one. However, I would be very supportive of some feature like Shazam in BIAB where I could play or sing a phrase and it would recognize and then recommend a RealTrack or RealDrum and maybe even a collection of them (which is a style). Perhaps AI could assist in doing that and hone in on a style that matches more and more as you go through the process. I think that’s what some of you are suggesting, and that would be fabulous.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors