Andrew,

Bluegrass styles for BIAB

You may remember a discussion on this thread concerning whether bluegrass should be handled as 8th note based or 16th note based. Peter joined the discussion.

http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

In reviewing the new features in 2010.5, it definitely sounds like the midi problem has been addressed, and maybe the real tracks problem has been addressed.
Quote:

 Styles can now be made that are set to use Half-Time and Double-Time RealTracks. For example, you can make a Jazz Ballad style (tempo 65) that uses a Sax Soloist at tempo 140 (playing double time). The StyleMaker- Misc-More dialog now has setting called TimeBase: Normal/HalfTime/DoubleTime for RealTracks.

 MIDI Styles can now be expanded or reduced. For example, if you have a Bluegrass style at a typical tempo of 130 that is 16ths note based, and you would prefer it as a style that is 8th note based at a typical tempo of 260, you can do this in the StyleMaker by selecting the menu item Style-Expand. Style-Reduce is available also for styles that you want to reduce from 8th notes to 16th notes.

The wording for the midi styles changes is very clear, but am I correct in assuming the following is also true concerning Real Tracks?

Quote:

For example, if you have a Bluegrass style at a typical tempo of 130 that is 16ths note based, and you would prefer it as a style that is 8th note based at a typical tempo of 260, you can do this in the StyleMaker by selecting the menu item Style-Expand. Style-Reduce is available also for styles that you want to reduce from 8th notes to 16th notes.

I'm still running 2009.5 because of a job loss, but if this is accurate as discussed in the previous forum listed above, I will definitely want to try to upgrade, at least by the 2011 version.

Thanks

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 09/24/10 02:11 AM.