Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice one.
I thought the electric piano lead parts were a little lost...it'd be worth experimenting with running that as mono, dropping a high pass over it, (sometimes the piano bass & your bass compete for space), and centring it so it's not competing.
Your bass part is fine but could probably use a little EQ tweaking to get a "funkier" tone.

Let me just say that I'm already an aerospace and medical device engineer, but if I follow your advice I think I'll end up as a mixing engineer as well!

I already updated my bass EQ procedure per the "Tradecraft" thread where you suggested I compress before EQing; and I'm detecting a slight improvement because of that suggestion.

Now you are enlightening me on EQing the tracks exported from BiaB; this would never have crossed my mind; I've always just used them "raw"; perhaps assuming they are already EQed. I'll put this "high pass instruments like e-piano" idea in my tool box for sure. This does make sense to prevent the low end from competing with my bass. And yes, I'm also trying to separate the solo instruments in the stereo field via panning.

Needless to say, I've got my plate plenty full with just composing, playing and arranging; mixing is a whole 'nother world. So thanks for your inputs.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.