Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
I wouldn't want to fiddle with sorting or programming in between songs on stage; too many things can go wrong.

What can go wrong? It's 5 mouse clicks.

File > Data > Sort > select the tab you want to sort by > ascending or descending

I think what he wants to do is while on his 15 to 20 gigs per month select from his 600 songs on the fly as people request a song. He isn't programming anything. If somebody wants Elvis, it's

File - Data - Sort - Artist - Descending, and Elvis will be near the top. That would take about 5 seconds and Leilani can talk to the crowd while he does it.

So just to toss in a wrench, as I am normally a huge wrench tosser, you say you carry a thumb drive as backup. Okay. What if you need your backup and you pop it in to find that the thumb drive is corrupted? You have a backup to the backup? (To the backup, to the backup...)

The much shorter answer is "Just remember them." If you can't remember all of them, your list it too long. I mean, you need to have a file showing what key a song is in? It's in the same key you have been playing it in for 50 years.

And take this stuff made for aging minds.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
brainstuff.jpg (25.06 KB, 72 downloads)

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.