Originally Posted by WaoBand
Cool and lovely song. I really like the rhythm tracks.

Thanks, WaoBand! Yeah, a lot of the jazz RealStyles are just mind blowing.

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Cool to start a post with a Monty Python quote. What's even cooler is this song, Ron. D.A. Hughes sounds perfect. Great feeling and phrasing. Man, I love the feel of this song. Well written and performed. What a wonderful band, too. I'd stand in a long line for this.

THANK you, marty! Good on you for your Monty Python trivia knowledge. Not a lot of people know that. (I'm overflowing with obscure anglophile quotes and misquotes) I've heard Dusty (aka "D.A") sing hundreds and hundreds of songs. Literally. I had no idea he would even SUBMIT to doing this, much less knock it out of the park. Turns out that he's a Nat King Cole fan. Huh. Who'da thunk?

Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Ron, Your clear singing sounds so pleasant. So nice to listen to! I read the title, Crazy, and I expected something crazy and not really this style. But you did a really good job of making it sound crazy in the best sense of that word. Very well done, Hans

Hans, so glad you liked it! The "crazy" part is a joke between me and my lyricist, who is not a fan of jazz. He gives me lyrics and I give him a song. Usually rock, punk, pop, jazz, folk, country or rap(!). Sometimes I send him a joke song that is an absurd version of his lyrics. Later, I'll do a more serious version. But in this case the joke was on both of us, as the joke version was far better than anything else I could ever do with these lyrics. Truthfully, I spent over 20 years listening and playing jazz, almost exclusively, so have a better than average knowledge of the genre. But there's a big difference between riffing off of, say, a traditional jazz standard, and writing an original sounding jazz standard. This is probably as close as I'll ever come to writing a new take on a jazz standard, but I can live with that. THANKS for the listen!

Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Smooth and sensual, Excellent lyrics, they really work. The backing is perfect, you nailed this, for sure.

THANKS, Audio Track! Oh, wow. I don't think I've noticed you on this sub forum, though you're all over the BiaB main forum. THANK YOU for the listen. The lyrics aren't mine but I love them, too. They are "modern" but that's only a relative term, right? For example, "fluorescent lights" might be "LED lights" today, though that's less poetic. And "cable network news" used to be one thing but now it's...something else. Yes, this is a really good RealStyle. I can use it over anything I hear in my head and it sounds exactly right. Only better. Ha!

Originally Posted by musician17
This is really top quality!!! Effortless command of harmony, and of the chord progressions appropriate for this style. It's hard to state in words just how good and well-written I think this is. You are a TOP musician - bravo.

musician17, so glad you liked it! I blush when someone calls me a "musician" because the level of musicianship on this forum is so off the charts. I truly am not worthy. But it still feels good to hear. THANKS for the feedback!

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Nice Jazz Piece here Ron. Really smooth! Enjoyed this a lot. And thanks for turning me on to the Roche Sisters!! smile

Thanks, David! The Roches rock, but Gayle has got more than a little something, too. Ha!

Last edited by DC Ron; 11/24/23 05:37 PM.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)