Hi Janne,

I want to reply on your reaction to me and I also want to correct some of the things I wrote too.
But I start with a question; have you remixed the song or added something?
I listened again just now and the synth woman wasn't sharp anymore. I also heard the 3rd voice in the last chorusses.
And... I heard a lot of variation in the chorusses too.

So, either i have listened to your song, but my gear (headphones and so on) failed me, or I was doing something else at the same time.
But normally I don't do that. I listen very intensely/seriously.
But whatever; I was wrong when I listened again; your song is long in time but it is a very lovely song. A good composition and a very nice performance.
No complains at all, well... one. Where was I when writing my comment on your song? I think my comment on the lyrics were right, so sorry Janne. It is a very lovely song.

Hans

Originally Posted by jannesan
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Let me start with saying I was captivated by this song from start to finish.
Ok, I heard some things that can be improved, but the main thing is that the song and lyrics are so nice.
The lyrics were, in a way, also funny and romantic: "but does it really have significance if you get your last high. The end will be perfect if you smile when you die".
Very good!

The song is a bit different from what I'm used to hear from you. and a bit long.
But I loved it all the way.
Two minor things: first, that synth girl must sing less sharp and a bit lower in pitch (if possible). The male synth was very good.
Second, a little variation in the chorusses compared with the verses could give the song a little boost, if you understand what I mean.
But I enjoyed it a lot!

Hans

Thanks Hans, pleasure to read your positive words smile Glad you liked the lyrics also.

There are several female voices, but only one is singing higher in pitch, others have quite normal range. But maybe less sharp, yes. I'm not quite sure what you mean about variation in the choruses, at least I introduce the bass in the 2nd chorus and the drums in the 3rd choruses. Also a new backing singer joins in in each chorus (and three in the last chorus). But you are free to suggest more variations smile

Janne

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130