Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
I started a New Project. Disabled RT and RD. Generate and play song. It only creates Midi drums track. Nothing for the other instruments. Now if I experiment further and switch off auto replace midi with RT and load the style, press Generate only the Midi drums is loaded. If I enable RT and Generate it creates the audio tracks which is expected and a midi Drum track. If I switch off RT and Generate again the audio tracks don't disappear so why? After all that is what Generate is supposed to do? If I do the same with the RD and switch it on the midi turns to an audio file automatically. If I switch off RD then the Audio changes to midi which is what I would expect. So, it appears that its only working correctly for Drum tracks? Is this a bug or by design?

This is by design, but you can still hear the MIDI part if you want using "Copy/Move Tracks" and copying the part to a Utility track -- as long as the part has RealCharts. RealCharts are the MIDI transcription of the RealTracks part. The MIDI part is not normally intended to be heard, because it is a transcription, not what was actually played by the musician (unless MIDI pickups were used) so the timing is typically a bit off. It can still be heard if you copy it to a MIDI track, or if you export the tracks.

All Drums have RealCharts, and many but not 100% of the RealTracks have them as well. You can tell if a track has RealCharts if the name of the track has a green underline. (If it is a bass or guitar part and has a FULL underline that means it also has accurate tab charts). There is also a Chart column in the MultiPicker (RealTracks) that tells you.

I tested this with the style demo song for _B140_TB.STY (randomly chosen) The Piano part is Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140 and has RealChart. I went to Edit | Copy/Move Tracks and selected the Piano track as the source track, and Utility track 1 as the target. The results with this style are pretty good - the notes seem very accurate and the timing is good. This would be a good option if there is a particular VST you want to use to get a specific sound, or you want to edit specific notes, or something along those lines.
Thanks very much for the answer Andrew.