Thanks for providing the step by step instructions, I've tried to replicate, here are my results:

Originally Posted by ThomasS
Experiment 1:
1- Open file 2 in any program that handles lyrics with MIDI (except BIAB) and you will see that the lyrics appear correctly.
2- Import file 2 into BIAB and you will not get the lyrics, even if you check the option to “include lyrics.”
Confirmed. If I open file 2 into BIAB I can see the lyrics, but if I import the midi file into an existing projetc, lyrics wont be imported.

Experiment 2:
1- Open file 1 in BIAB and see the melody track notation has the note-based lyrics correctly attached to each note.
2- Export the file out of BIAB as MIDI, and open it in any other program that handles lyrics with MIDI.
3- You will not find lyrics were exported by BIAB. In almost all programs the BIAB MIDI has notes and nothing else. In one program only, Sibelius, the lyrics from BIAB are printed as staff text, which shows that BIAB is putting lyrics in the wrong MIDI place for most programs to recognize.
I cannot replicate. If I export file as MIDI and open that MIDi file, that is what I get in Musescore 4:
[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Other MIDI players (for example the old vanbasco karaoke player) work also fine.

Experiment 3:
1) As a workaround, export File 1 from BIAB as music XML instead of MIDI.
2) Open the XML in Sibelius and you will find that the BIAB note-based-lyrics are now exported correctly, and in the right place. Studio One will not even open a BIAB XML file, and Synthesizer V does not have XML import, but you can use Sibelius as a bridge, exporting the BIAB XML file to Sibelius, then saving it as MIDI in Sibelius, then import in Synthesizer V and you finally get the lyrics all the way from BIAB to Synthesizer V in a cumbersome three-stage process.
3) If you don’t own Sibelius, you can use the free online xml converter at https://sdercolin.github.io/utaformatix3/ and convert the file to Synthesizer V format, and that also works.
Confirmed, this is what I get after opening the XML file with Musescore 4 (the melody should be on the piano track, but I had to export all tracks, because otherwise the results were still worst):
[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Anyway, exporting to mxml has never worked properly for me.

Experiment 4: trying to get Lyrics INTO BIAB, using the checkbox “include lyrics”
1) All experiments fail, either using XML or MIDI
Not sure about this. Could you please elaborate?

Edit: btw, very funny demos, those vocal sytnhs sound impressive, and the chord prorgression is great too. Congratulations!

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Exported MID file.jpg (49.87 KB, 314 downloads)
Exported XML file.jpg (75.06 KB, 315 downloads)
Last edited by Cerio; 01/06/24 02:20 AM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.