I don't have Reaper (Cubase and Studio One only) so I can't use the handy utility posted by musocity.

However, HERE is a tiny Windows utility called Midi Disassembler (mididsm) which converts a MIDI file into an editable text file, or a text file back into a MIDI.

With this program, it took me just a minute or two to convert a MIDI file from BIAB which would not show the lyrics in Synthesizer V into another MIDI file which did show the lyrics. Here is what I did:

1) Install mididsm and its dependencies.
2) Run the program and choose "make text" selecting the BIAB-generated MIDI file, which displays the MIDI file in text format with a built-in notepad editor.
3) Inside the notepad editor hit replace and change "|Text" to "|Lyric" (You may not actually have to put the line in front of the words, but I did just in case the word "Text" existed elsewhere that I didn't want to change.
4) Save the text file, and then back in the program select "Make MIDI" and select the saved text file, and now you have a new MIDI file with the lyrics in the right place and it shows lyrics in Synthesizer V.

It was so simple that I was a little surprised. Now that I see what an easy thing this is to do, I think someone should report to PGMusic how trivial this is, and change BIAB MIDI export to do this automatically.

Last edited by ThomasS; 01/08/24 08:14 AM.