Appreciate all of your input and help guys. I did get a response back from Pete Brown, Product Manager at Microsoft, who's team is developing the next version of MS's USB driver. Seems there is no good config for my situation, guess I'll just stay on the older version of VoiceLive Editor and use 5 pin DIN's. Here, by the way, is Pete Brown's response in regards to my questions about single client MIDI over USB:

Yes, the current API implementations are single-client. There are some hacks for some devices where they implement multi-client in the driver, but to do it properly meant we had to rewrite MIDI on Windows from the ground up, which we are. New driver, new Windows Service (the older APIs go direct from API to driver and so have no way to plug into them), new API.

The new API we're delivering later this year is multi-client by default, and we're doing everything we can to plumb that back into the existing APIs so that, while they won't get all the goodness of MIDI 2.0, they'll get multi-client support. We need to do a ton of testing to ensure it doesn't break any existing apps, though.

For apps that use the new API directly, they also get outbound message scheduling, MIDI 2.0 features like increased resolution, new transports like Network MIDI 2.0, and more.

Pete Brown
Microsoft

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3