That is code for a mismatched sampling rate ( e.g., 48, 44.1 etc.). Look closer!

Thanks Dan. Yes that is what it sounds like, a mismatched sampling rate. Hours spent... I've tried them all (a closer look at my original post please), matched to what the interface is set at, and also intentionally different to test behavior. Does it get worse when I intentionally set a mismatched sampling rate? Not to my ears, it stays the same, as if my change didn't have an affect.

Also tried two additional external interfaces with their respective drivers and nothing made a difference.

If Biab is open on my desktop (it doesn't have to be the active window), the same "sounds like a sampling rate" thing is heard in any other audio currently playing. For example: I'm listening to spotify or playing an mp3 using Windows Media Player and as soon as I open BIAB I hear the clicks and pops and artifacts. Exit BIAB and the and signal is clean again.

Is there something I should know or check when it comes to exclusivity of input and output drivers as set in windows sound control panel?

Bruce Hook - Soprano, Alto and Tenor Saxes
BIAB 2023 UltraPak | Intel i7 | Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Interface | 1TB SSD | Reaper DAW
| Akai EWI 5000 | M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49