The issues you are having must have something to do with the specific realtrack you are using. As I said, some work well with the aug+/slash substitution for Mmaj7, but not all. But for most realtracks it DOES work perfectly, and in many cases a realtrack might just play the simple minor chord on Mmaj7, so it is absolutely necessary to use the augment/slash to get that chord, particularly with guitars, because I assume that it was not played in a lot of the recording sessions on guitar samples.

So if you are using Realtracks, it is essential to have this substitution in many cases. I don't know why it didn't work for you in this particular case, but to see if it can work don't regenerate the whole chart, but use multiriff regenerate (F8) on just the offending track and see if at any time it can play Mmaj7 or not. That way you can quickly keep hitting regenerate for just that chord for that insturment to see what are the possibilities.

I suggest trying this 8-bar sequence on various Realtrack styles, and compare the second bar to the sixth bar to see which is better.

Cm | Eb+/C | Cm7 | F7 |
Cm | CmMaj7 | Cm7 | F7 |

Last edited by ThomasS; 02/25/24 05:51 PM.