Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Oh, yes, Dan, very differewnt for you, but I hear you in there so well. Excellent melody, and to my ears it sounds like you're doing a fine job manipulating those synths. Unrequited love maybe should be sad, but (maybe the best part is that) this one still has an uplifting feel to it. I had to give it a few spins, and on the last one I searched for that famous Simmons modulation. The song is so good, I wasn't disappointed.
Yo Marty...no modulations here...it's baby steps for Hayden, Natalie and me so far...but stay tuned there's a modulation on the horizon I can sense it! thanks...Dan
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Dan.

Excellent vocal, subtle harmony, and excellent arrangement.
Love it. smile
David...thanks so much...Dan

Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
It’s cool to hear the three part harmony that is one of your hallmarks and we know that must be satisfying to you to be able to continue with that.

We do agree with B.D. on the need for more “humanizing” of the lead vocal. As this is just your second project with the synth vocals, we have not doubt that you’ll have them singing like you in no time. 😊
Excellent mix!
Kudos!
J&B
J&B...thanks much...yeah give me three parts or give me death (a little dramatic perhaps?)...you know what I mean...thanks guys...Dan

Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Dan, this is really well done even though I prefer your vocals to AI. Speaking of which, the first use of the lead singer's word 'All' in each of the choruses sounds flat to me but the second one sounds awesome. It could be just my ear but please check it out to see if I'm missing something.
Dewey
Dewey...thanks...oddly enough when the voices go to their lower registers they tend to go flat (just like real people...I love it!!)...I can hear it too ...not sure what I'll do about that...probably make them sing in higher keys? who knows?...thanks again...Dan

Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan,

A beautiful song. Wonderful melody.
Nice job with the voices. Amazingly "real".
A nice, delicate track.
Well mixed.
A lovely listen.
fj
Hey! what's with this 2:49 stuff??????
smile
Hey Floyd...thanks for your comments...the 2:49 comment (which I appreciate) is about making the guys sound more human and even though the note is very low and no singer would choose it I suppose...I can sing that note and I thought it fits the melody...so? maybe it's just me...anyway this song is one that to use your term is a "throw away" song for me...though to be honest I may use the melody again with new lyrics to fit my musical mission statement better...thanks again...Dan

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.