Originally Posted by David Snyder
DC, Wow this is awesome! Almost as cool as the sound of the ice cream truck when it's driving through our Leave it to Beaver neighborhood every afternoon. How is it even remotely possible to be depressed or upset about anything when you hear the sound of an ice cream truck?? 🙂That's the way this song made me feel so if that's what you're looking for you won man!!

Ha! Thanks, David. There's something about the relentlessly happy ice cream truck tune that has the same effect on me as a clown chasing me with a balloon: "Hey, isn't THIS fun?!" That's the same mashup of excitement and dread that I was trying to capture here. Happy to have brightened your day!

Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Ron, What a funny, but also intriguing melody. And what a nice way of singing, in 'broken' lines I would describe it. You made good use of those midi instruments. I never really liked a Tuba, or Bassoon in a song, but after your performance I might...They worked out very good. Enjoyed it much! Hans

Hans, so glad you liked it! Because of all the word play I did break up the rhythms in some unusual ways to (hopefully) highlight the lyrical ambiguity. Yeah, that tuba sounds GREAT to me, but not because of anything I did. It just FITS. THANKS for the listen!

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Ha! Bringing back the memories for sure. The midi works well. Clever instrumentation.

THANKS, Ezekial! Yeah, those were the days, for better or worse.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)