This crossed my desk and is at the intersection of 2 of my interests, brain science and music.
A couple quotes that resonated with me:

The musicians who were experiencing flow while performing showed reduced activity in parts of their frontal lobes, which are known to be involved in executive function or cognitive control. In other words, flow was associated with relaxing conscious control or supervision over other parts of the brain.

For example, knowledgeable but relatively inexperienced computer programmers may have to reason their way through every line of code. Veteran coders, however, tapping their specialized brain network for computer programming, may just start writing code fluently without overthinking it until they complete – perhaps in one sitting – a first-draft program.

I'd be interested in hearing from veteran musicians that have experienced "flow" and how it aligns or doesn't align with this article.

Musicians and Creative Flow

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.