Boy you took all of that in the wrong way!

What I'm trying to say is I really don't care what program you use, one person is not going to be able to come up with the same quality of product as a group of persons of the same talent level. Some of the posts had went into working with other people and the problems with doing that vs being able to control everything by yourself. I know that I can't afford a band to go into a studio so I'm stuck with doing it all myself. However, I'm smart enough despite being 'polish' to know I will not have the interaction that working with others can give me. I have several tools. Others have several tools and most pro's have many tools. I'm sure that there is a reason that a lot of users here use several different programs in their work. I seriously doubt that anyone is going to make a top selling number one album or even a single with only BIAB. I have made a cd that has sold that was totally created on BIAB but I really don't brag about it because quite frankly it wasn't that good. I also have noticed that most of the material that is posted for review isn't all that great. I also notice that we are going to disagree on what is good and what isn't. Fact is, in one of your early posts you commented that the back ups sounded weak but the vocals where quite nice. I thought the vocals had way to much reverb and the although the backup was weak and could have used some pumping up the tracks where quite good. With better mixing (something BIAB doesn't have high marks in) the backup could have cooked as it had the right notes, licks,, for the songs.

I also said that whining about BIAB, or any of this isn't going to do anyone any good. You or me. I really think we just need to use the tools for what we are capable of getting out of them. A master carpenter gets a whole lot more out of a saw and hammer then I do. If I took the time to learn how to use the saw and hammer I wouldn't need to buy the whole Shop Smith to build something of value. If you think the tool is only good for sketching things out then use it for sketching things out and use the tool of your choice to build the master piece you're trying to achieve. Bottom line, though, not many people are talented enough or educated enough to really build the masterpiece by them selves. That was the reason for the reference to Prince.

Finally, if I insulted you, sorry. Didn't mean it that way. I should have been more tactful with my points. Quite frankly, one of my personal problems has been to blame the lack of equipment or software for my lack of progress. Truth is the fault has been with me for not spending the time learning my craft well enough and then practicing it. Have a great new book that has most recently turned me back on. Guerrilla Home Recoding, How to get Great Sound from any Studio by Karl Coryat.

Dell 610 dual Monitor, win 7-10, Sonar Plat, ProTools 10 & 11, Reaper 4, BIAB/real Band 2022, Easy Drummer, Superior Drummer, Kontact Essentials, Personnel Orchestra, Korg Legacy Analog & Digital