Quote:

How did you get introduced to BIAB?

My introduction to BIAB actually came about because Cakewalk included a copy of Jammer with one of my DAW updates. I ended up purchasing Jammer Pro and then became pretty frustrated with both the cost and the limited availability of styles to go with the program. I stumbled across PG Music one day when I was googling for Jammer styles, and was impressed with the number of styles and the values for the dollar. Demoed BIAB and haven't looked at Jammer since.

Quote:

What year/version was it?

BIAB 11. uh, 2002 or 2003 maybe? I don't remember the year, just the version I started with.

Quote:

What kind of computer did you have at the time?

A Toshiba satelitte running Windows 98.

Quote:

was it a successful experience right away??

Pretty much. It was easy to learn. Despite all of the crabbing and complaining that you hear from some quarters about the GUI, I felt like everything made sense. Comparing it to Jammer, it was much easier for me to learn and operate.

Quote:

Have you changed your gear to accommodate BIAB in any way?

No, not specifically to accomodate BIAB. I made changes to accomodate MIDI playback in general, mainly in the addition of outboard sound modules.

Quote:

Has BIAB influenced how/why you play music?

Its made some changes in how I RECORD music. In the MIDI only era, I used BIAB to generate some instrumentation that I subsequently exported and edited in SONAR and incorporated into my recordings after using the edited MIDI files to drive drum machines and sound modules. The biggest change came post REAL TRACKs. BIAB produced real tracks has replaced probably 90% of my use of audio samples and acid loops in my recordings.

Quote:

have you used it mostly for practice, performance, recording, instruction, other?

I use BIAB 15% for practice, 60% recording, 25% indirectly for production of backing for live performances.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti