How did you get introduced to BIAB? My wife’s cousin was a computer software nut. Although he was a non musician he bought BIAB just to see what it did, he had that kind of curiosity.. He gave me his copy to try out, I liked it , I bought it.
What year/version was it? I think about 1995-version 5
What kind of computer did you have at the time? Pentium ll
Was it a successful experience right away? Yes. The program was much simpler then, and the sound and versatility was heads above those “organ rhythm machines”. Type in the chords, pick a style, and have a back-up band in 5 minutes or less.
Have you changed your gear to accommodate BIAB in any way? Yes, I upgraded BIAB a few times then built an equivalent Pent lll, and bought a Roland SCC1 sound card. Back then that card made my system sing. Later after a few more upgrades I bought a Roland SD8820 that provided even more sound and flexibility.I still have the SD8820.(at that time I started purchasing PTPA ver 3.5) Then I bought my current, used Pent lV and dropped 3-120 gb HD’s into it. Also, picked up a used Layla 20 and a Roland VS880. I would set up the song in BIAB and send it to PTPA. I would sync the PTPA to the Roland to get separate tracks, and write and arrange my material and re-record it. Then send I would send it back to PTPA to burn it.
Has BIAB influenced how/why you play music? Yes, it provided a backup band that gave me a base from which to expand my ad lib playing. It also gave me the confidence to feature my own material.
Have you used it mostly for practice, performance, recording, instruction, other? I mostly use BIAB for vocal practice. Years back when I had more time I would do a lot of writing and recording. What I do now is type our swing band vocal arrangement into BIAB and burn it to disc. I then play it in the car and sing along with it while I am on the road. Over the past few years I have been caught up in work, consequently I haven’t kept up with using either BIAB/PTPA to full capability even though I have kept up with the new releases.
Any other observations not listed here? I Although not a long time forum user, I have been a long time BIAB user and forum “lurker”. When I have time I first check my emails then the forum before anything else. I would like to thank BIAB for providing an excellent product and great customer relations, and this forum’s members for their prompt and unselfish assistance in using the products.

There are only 3 kinds of musicians: those that can count, and those that can't!
PC AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4 GHz, 8gb RAM, 1T HDD, Windows 10,
Reaper 4.77, BIAB2018, PTPA12, RB2018, Roland VS-880 DAW