I agree to a point Pat, but one thing i have learned is that multifunction devices are often time less adept any any one thing than individual ones are, to name a few, ShopSmith, it does everything, but not as good as individual tools do, Swiss army knife is neat but the individual tools are inferior to separates. A Cresent wrench does a good job at tightening bolts, but a good set of box wrenches is far better. Probably bad examples, but it makes the point.

Having every imaginable process in one package sounds great, and i hope development continues to enhance the current features, and slowly add others, but this is where programs begin to bloat and become buggy. Look at Sonar for instance. Argueably a very solid product, but in that same arguement is the fact that at the cost of stability it has grown in the last few years. I quick glance at the forums there show that many issues remain un resolved through many updates. Look here at PTPA and RB, they are about 3 versions in regarding VST and VSTi implementation, and yet still the VSTi issues continues, not quite finished. I have to asume that this is inpart due to the difficulty in meshing VSTi in the existing scheme of timing code that came from before VSTi was an issue.

You also have to believe that some of this is due to the rapid development of RT's, and some due to the fact that having so many features comes at a risk of some of them overlapping for resources, and functionability.

I agree though that there are a few that should be here.

1. True track, and effect automation, like other programs.

2. Full VSTi implementation including timing issue control

3. Maybe you are right, looping tools that allow clips and looped region rendering is one of those go to features that makes this a front runner program someday.

Good points and good dialog. I love RB myself, i hope with a little bit more refinement it can take over about 90% of my process. But i do not want that if it become feature rich, and stability poor.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.