Quote:

When was the last time anyone reading this thread paid out good money to go hear some live music? I paid a well-deserved $10 each for my wife and I to hear Acoustic Eidolon this past weekend. Talk about some talent - ridiculous out-of-the-ballpark talent.

Anyway - people are paying for recorded music in bucketloads these days. And we all get to be part of that whereas even 15 years ago, it was much more difficult to say that.

Yeah, I do the same thing. Every time I'm down at the 3rd Street Promanade in Santa Monica I'll drop a minimum of five bucks into the tip jar of the street musicians I like. All you see in movies or TV are the bizarro street performers but there's some serious players down there. People have told me from time to time I should do it too. I hear they make upwards of $300 a day but you have to get licensed by the city and logistics would be a real problem plus who guards my stuff when I have to take a break? I can rain around here so that's a factor too. For all I know there may be a 5 year waiting list to even get a spot. Still, I've seen some keyboard players who are pretty good but they're weak in the backing tracks department and I definitely could put on a show. Hummpph, I decided to do a little search before I posted this and found a blog about those street performers. Apparantly, everyone is assigned a three hour slot but not a specific space so those are first come first served. Some guys are saying you have to show up several hours early in order to get a decent spot and more on weekends and holidays. That's doesn't sound too great but they do say $3-400 a day is true. Between the parking and schleping equipment I think they earn their pay.

I know you're plugged into the internet scene more than I am and it's good to hear you say people are paying more for online music than they were a few years ago. Maybe I will finish that album of orginals and see what happens...

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.