Zero, (and to be redundant – Zero, so may I call you Zero?),

Quote:

Maybe I pick hairs...

You’ve picked quite a few hairs with this one!

Good Lord man! What kind of music are you playing? LOL! The Notes of C-E-G#-Bb-D# give you a C7#5#9, or a C7+5+9, and obviously BIAB won’t accept these, unless it’s included in the 2011 release.

With C-E-G#, you’re obviously in Aug. territory. But when you try to incorporate the other two notes, it opens up numerous possibilities. But when you throw in 2#’s and 1b into trying to name a chord, it further complicates matters.

I opened another music program I have and manually entered the notes, (and I had to use A# instead of Bb, since the program won’t allow you to use #’s and b’s in the same chord), and came up with the following:

E7M/5-/C
C9+/5+
A#7sus4/5-/C, ……………………. and the list of incomprehensible chords goes on and on.

A good chart for chords can be found here: http://www.silvergray.com/moneychords/Chord_Glossary.pdf

If you’re looking for backup chords, just focus on the first three, or maybe 4 notes of the chord, and maybe BIAB can come up with something for your needs. But if you try to throw really weird 5 note chords that are rarely used at it, BIAB will do what most, (if not all), programs will do and say …………… WTF?

Edit ...........................

P.S. Mac sez

Quote:

And here it reports to me that BiaB will accept C7#5#9, which accomodates all of your spelling above.

So I may have typed all of this for nothing! I just found it to be a challenge to figure out what you were looking for. I was typing while Mac responded. Damn, that was a lot of thought put into something I'll never use again!

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 12/06/10 05:00 PM.