Thanks for the discussion, Dan. Yes, I'm maxed out at 1 GB ram.

Here's a clearer description of the audio problem. Sonar: 8 audio tracks, no problem. Add in plugins, problem. BIAB: RD, no prob. 2 inst RT, slight prob. 3 inst TR, definite prob. After it settles down, just moving the mouse in circle causes stuttering. 5 inst RT, same but worse. BIAB using about 85% of CPU (according to Process Explorer)

Can you explain a little about buffers? My EMU control software doesn't seem to address that (except for a special hardware effects application that I don't use.)

I've just discovered that my IRQs are not reporting properly. When I query XP, it shows no IRQs at all. When I check the BIOS, it shows them, and shows my audio interface with the same IRQ number as some other items. A little mysterious. I did to a clean reinstall of XP a year ago. That may have something to do with it. I know I had no conflicts prior to the reinstall. I think I will move the PCI card of the EMU1616 to a different slot to try to force a different IRQ. Any troubleshooting tips here welcomed.

kelso

Dell Desktop XPS 8100 W10 HomePrem/64 / Core i5 760 (quad, 2.8GHz) / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB SATA / ViewSonic VG2428wm / EMU1616 PCI / Event ASP6 Active Monitors / BIAB 2019 64 bit (609) / Cakewalk