Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Bar freeze / ReGen time by VideoTrack @ 9 minutes 12 seconds ago

My workflow may be different to yours, but I still support the partial regeneration requirement. Incidentally, RealBand can do this. +1, again.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Dawn by rayc @ 13 minutes 24 seconds ago

Def Buddy vibe. There's not much happening on the left channel for the verses - possibly because of the crunchy guitar on the right. The Holly Everyday jangle of the intro is a little overpowering. Fun song. Well done.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: You Can't Take It With You by rayc @ 16 minutes 42 seconds ago

Fun song but when you've stacked vocals there's little room for the music.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Long as I'm With you by rayc @ 19 minutes 18 seconds ago

Sounds like a bought one.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: "Those Lies" by rayc @ 23 minutes 6 seconds ago

Ghostgum, Please post lyrics - anyone who uses ruses needs to read as well as heard to ensure I catch all the nuances. It struck me as a little odd that the "lead guitar" was a little to the left but the :lead organ" pretty much up the middle when they solo. Cool song. You've captured your vocal well- the essing is managed well as are the plosives - except at that break at 1min. Good capture &/or treatment.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Arthur by rayc @ 32 minutes 29 seconds ago

The level of your melody guitar line drops in and out making it a little hard to follow. I THINK this track is almost mono. IF you pan things a little - trad. method would work well enough, ( bass and melody up the centre, ppiano one side, acoustic guitar the other and the drum track according to its inbuilt stereo image),then the melody would have some space to shine.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Volume increasing Automatically by Matt Finley @ 36 minutes 27 seconds ago

Wow, Noel, that’s one I haven’t heard. Anyway, Soulagent, does this happen on all songs, or just one?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Sweet Rodeo King by rayc @ 36 minutes 36 seconds ago

You're good at this stuff. I think you could do a little cut slide etc. with the harmony vocal on the 5th line but, otherwise, it's a cool thing.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Brightest Star In The Sky by rayc @ 40 minutes 53 seconds ago

The progression and BIAB stuff flowed well. Someof the piano/lead guitar (midi) stuff was cool but seemed a little uncertain/wobbly timing in spots. Are you going to put lyrics and voice to this?
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? by Mike Head @ 52 minutes 59 seconds ago

Hi I don’t understand the problem it counts you in at the song /style tempo. Why would you want it always fast? As said you can turn it off. Mike
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: My Comfort Zone (w/ Drums by HearToLearn) by floyd jane @ 55 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Greg JohnsonWOW, what a tune, and some great thumpin' drums!!! Great sounding track, and a very crafted, fun write by a forum master! You know, it has become clear that our own FJ, an apparently mild-mannered, soft-spoken, wizard tunesmith must have known a lot of wild women, since that is one of his favorite writing themes.....good for you Floyd!! No, seriously, this is another wonderful song, done right in every aspect, and Caaron (never knew his name until now)
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: More Country Style Bass by R Brown @ 55 minutes 45 seconds ago

Bumping this thread....still would love to see a country shuffle bass/style added..... Radney Foster's "Just Call Me Lonesome" or "I Couldn't Leave You If I Tried" by Rodney Crowell would be more recent examples - going further back, "Heartaches By The Number" or "Crazy Arms" would be older examples.
I want a video that shows me how to ....
Originally Posted By: berntdI do not understand how to use the solos that come with the Rrealtracks properly. Can I use them on my melody notation or how does it work? Noel96 suggested posting here and asking for a video since this is a hard question. Best regards BErnt Hey Bernt. There is actually a really cool function you can use to have RT soloists influenced by what you have on the melodist! I actually posted about it here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showfla
User Showcase
Thanks everyone for the awesome comments. This song was so much fun from the start. I read the lyrics first and was just amazed how Robert interlaced visuals in the lyrics in the backtrack. Was fun trying get the effects to sound a little like Georges sitar. This was one of my favorite times of Beatles music. I still listen to the Sgt Peppers album in my playlist. So glad Robert invited me along on this Magical Mystery tour :-)
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: ONE MORE SUNRISE by DeaconBlues09 @ Today at 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Torrey BlissThanks DB! I actually wasn't really satisfied with my tone on this. I just ran it into guitar rig 5 and used some effects there. I should have taken the time and ran it through my acoustic amp and miced it. It probably would have had a warmer sound. I may try that at some point. I used a synth with some female voice sounds. The loops were those wonderful piano sounds and one more synth sound I purchased from Big Fish Audio. Thanks for the kind words. T I to
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: My Little Babe by Scott C @ Today at 03:54 AM

Loved the backtrack Dani. Another very cool vocal. Loved the way you mixed this one. Sounded very cool on the headphones. Vocal was right up front of the instruments. Well done
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: New Song - Different Point Of View by Scott C @ Today at 03:49 AM

What a cool tune Steve. Intro jumped right in . Loved the driving backtrack and very cool vocal. Loved the vocal as well
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Let Me Tell You What's Real by Scott C @ Today at 03:44 AM

Col backtrack and vocal.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: How I Missed You This 4th by DeaconBlues09 @ Today at 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Torrey BlissDB, it's oh so obvious that a lot care went into this wonderful production! Everything sounds "right" and "in place"!! Nothing sounds "off" like you hear so many times when people construct a loop based song! I enjoyed every second of this one! Thanks, Torrey Thank you so much Torrey! BTW, is that a Godin Multiac you're wielding in your profile pic? I'm assuming that's what you used on One More Sunrise? That track was AMAZING
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: It's The Simple Things by jannesan @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

The wait for better RTs was worth the end result - great atmospheric arrangement, I like the harp, the bass especially in the ending, and those nylon guitars play the very interesting chord progression amazingly well. Your voice has nice raspy tone which fits in perfectly. Janne
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) by jannesan @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Nice feelgood song with catchy chorus and happy whistling Style may change but the quality in your production and vocals remains on the same top level. Just wondering what your next challenge is going to be Janne
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Modulation by jannesan @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: gruverider Wonderfully free! Great vibe and groove! and the lyrics - they brought a smile to my face! thank you for that! Thanks Lawrence for your nice feedback and smile Janne
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: hunting for a song from the 80's by Noel96 @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Is it Marty Robbins' "My Angelina" by any chance? (This is from a 1982 album "Some Memories Just Won't Die".) DIRECT LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzn5Ox-uDrY
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mute selected tracks for a few bars by cptnzod @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Nice! This F5 worked great!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Delete Melody by cptnzod @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Thank you folks! This one is taken care of. I copied to a new song and practiced. All is good now.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29766 Members
60 Forums
58821 Topics
496432 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Chris vdK, Vinny123456, Jason Voo, Game Guy, Jerry Duguet

29766 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 151
Matt Finley 140