Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: God will leave a light on by F.M.M. @ 53 seconds ago

hi dave and cris well done love the vocal great job thanks eric
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts looking for Backing Tracks Producer by zapiano @ 4 minutes 51 seconds ago

Hello I'm providing online piano courses for my students. I'm looking for somebody who can help me producing great audio tracks with band-in-a-box 2018 for mac. It just takes too long to get out the best of this software for me. Of course it's a paid job on hourly basis. Please send me a note. I hire all my freelancers on upwork.com (but didn't find anybody who is using BIAB there) thanks Sven
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Angels (Singing in My Ears) by floyd jane @ 13 minutes 19 seconds ago

Tangmo, Truly impressive for a 14-year-old - both the lyric and the melody. Nice vocal. And a really nice production - sort of a mix of old and new - there are elements of 70's Country in there that fit your story, for sure... then an overall 80's Country sound... and yet, it does not sound dated... Good mix. Enjoyed that. fj
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Doubling the snare - made easy. by Janice & Bud @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GuitarhackerOriginally Posted By: Janice & Budjust an old dog intrigued by new tricks. Bud Yeah .... I was just yanking your chain And the old dog hobbled right in
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Native Instruments 50% OFF Sale 2018 by Pipeline @ 15 minutes 36 seconds ago

To get your mind off the CMA or as Mario correctly stated Pop Music Awards, look here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/thanksgiving-2018/ A lot of the guitars there will work from BB Chord Output track. For those thinking about getting Kontakt, NOW'S THE TIME TO DO IT !!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 750 BIAB songs for download by Rocky 58 @ 21 minutes 6 seconds ago

Thanks for making these songs available! Amazing selection - great work!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Data trends in popular music over last 20 yrs by Guitarhacker @ 22 minutes 2 seconds ago

What is this "actually plays his instrument" thing you speak of?
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ROY CLARK by Guitarhacker @ 23 minutes 27 seconds ago

I've got a few of his albums..... some amazing picking on those black disks.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: CMA show 2018 by Guitarhacker @ 24 minutes 18 seconds ago

I used to get my evening entertainment watching the Facebook die hard country music critics dissing that show..... but knowing me.... I always had to make some smart alack comment.... one guy in particular one year was really ticking me off with his inane commentary. I knew him and at one time he had tried to hire me to play in his band. I begged off, too busy with studio stuff, etc..... He was a likeable fellow. However. He fashioned himself to be one of the "old traditionalists" and
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Gathering Millstones by floyd jane @ 25 minutes 2 seconds ago

A cool sound. Somewhat Beatlesque, yet quite original. The instrumentation is really nicely done. The vocals are extraordinary. The constant harmony works extremely well. The mix is really good. It sounds good at low volumes, but more importantly, it sounds really good when turned up loud. Superb. I thoroughly enjoyed the listen.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Just Around the Next Bend by floyd jane @ 33 minutes 4 seconds ago

A good listen. Good boogie tracks. Nice job on the piano...
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Nostalgic folk waltz by Janice & Bud @ 40 minutes 19 seconds ago

It's always nice to hear a waltz! Interesting changes and a good mix. Enjoyed it. J&B
My Favorite Things
Jump to new posts The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows by Callie - PG Music @ 48 minutes 38 seconds ago

I'm a big fan of the "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows - it's a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program! What does the Download Manager do? Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase. How do you use it? Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Downl
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Quality vs creative Variety question. by Tangmo @ 50 minutes 22 seconds ago

If you've got access to musician friends (or deep pockets) why not bring them into a project for a specific thing you're looking for? Besides being more "social", it can be good for the song to get what it's in your head recorded. Internet collaborations are a bit of a different animal. I've done quite a few of them (having neither close musician friends nor deep pockets). If you think it will give you more creative control, best to think again. It's harder to communicate a musi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Giglio Bianco...new tune by Janice & Bud @ Today at 11:56 AM

That is a lovely melody and performance!!! It is so nicely textured and nuanced. J&B
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Future of Biab / RB? by Rustyspoon @ Today at 11:34 AM

Not buying any more spinning drives, buried too many of them + my comp.takes only M.2. internally. USB 3.1 C gen2. / Thunderbolt 3 looks promising for external connection, but to find out for sure have to spend a lot of money. Audiophile upgrade + 2tb external SSD... at that pace of spending, I will become hunter & gatherer pretty soon
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Get Gone by rsdean @ Today at 11:24 AM

Shigeki, Thanks so much. Bob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Destination by Janice & Bud @ Today at 11:23 AM

Man, is this ever the way to take a BiaB band and make it yours. With the drum loops and your guitar licks this song just screams individuality. "It’s easier to get where you’re going if you know where you come from" is sung with both certainty and confidence. And what makes this song even more special is that we have had the pleasure of sitting around the campfire and hearing about some of those place you've been A fine "I wanna hit the road" write, a strong vocal
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
Jump to new posts Re: any guitarists play with Parkinson's? by MusicStudent @ Today at 11:22 AM

No me, but my life long bud, Lenny. Lenny played the circuit from rock band to church band over 50 years. At ~ age 60 he was diagnosed with Parkinsons. For the following ~ 8 years he was able to still getup and jam. He talked about the muscle memory kicking in when he played so that while the meds minimized the tremors in daily life, the guitar was not a problem at all. That should be the good news for you. Unfortunately Parkinsons is a progressive degenerative disease. At 70 Lenny no longe
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Black Widow (Feat: PeterF on guitar) by Sundance @ Today at 10:58 AM

Love it! Janice that inflection on "seven husbands" at the beginning of the song is classic! What a great sounding track. Great vocal, guitar playing and mix. Well done y'all!!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts New Mix: "Not Anymore" by DaveBrooksMusic @ Today at 10:53 AM

Hi Gang; So, this time I decided to make this song a bit WIDER to capture the full stage sound of a live band. Also, I've blended the slow chorus of angel voices and matched the tempo of the rest of the song to give it a better flow because it was throwing everyone off. To me it sounded like a wild animal caught in a soup can...I had to free it! If you have an interest, take another listen. I think you like this version better... All the best, Dave https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfact
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Update: "Temporal Glitch" by DaveBrooksMusic @ Today at 10:46 AM

Hi Will; Unfortunately, I've never been able to figure out the "Real Strings" to my satisfaction. I have totally no control over them. Therefore, I was forced to purchase a MIDI keyboard and use the "Plogue Sforzando" plugin (supplied by BIAB) to get somewhere close to how I wanted my strings to sound...but a lot of work and experimentations after that! If you currently don't have a MIDI KB, you're going to have to get one if you plan on following this path. May I sugges
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: All The Nothing I Want by Robertkc @ Today at 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: animarorecordsRobert, Very nice retirement dream! Wonderful song! Your vocal is very hunting. It is certainly dissonant a little bit as music theory, but bouzouki and the other additional loops are very comfortable. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi Shigeki, I`m glad you enjoyed my musical retirement dream! Robert Originally Posted By: Deej56Robertkc, Really like your vocal on this—subdued but compelling; and an inviting melody. Poetic and en
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New forum features..... by cchallum @ Today at 10:16 AM

Like the new forums layout really well!! Easier to get around using it!! Good job!! Cecil
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Next Big Thing - co-writer w/ Greg Johnson by Sundance @ Today at 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: tommyadAMEN Brothers and Sis! We need more beacons of hope like this. WTG, Tom +1! Great message.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PG Music News
The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the amazing feedback we've received lately, from program users just like you!

Arthritic fingers means I find it very difficult to play anything. This program is amazing - and it does use real musicians!
-Bob E.

The power of this program is just unbelievable! It's been a best kept secret for a couple of decades now. A song writer's dream!
-Mike D

This band can practice any time of day ...LOL
-William G

Band-in-a-Box works so simple you could teach a child to do it within minutes - the RealTracks are amazing. Doing an album as we speak. I challenge you to give it a try. I am 60 years old and even though I've played 50 years, I am no engineer. But as a song writer I needed some effective tools to create quality production of my work. This is IT! It's as easy as typing and filling in the blanks. The instructional videos allow you to change settings while watching the pro. I myself purchased every "RealTrack" I could get... Take it from me, don't let this overwhelm you. It is absolutely a writer and solo artist dream!
-John S

Best part of Band-in-a-Box is that it saves me having to program drums, the Real Drummer part of the software is brilliant and natural sounding. I then layer real instruments with guys from my band. As a songwriter, Band-in-a-Box has saved me so much time it's ridiculous.
-Andy B

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "Band-in-a-Box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy. ;)
-Ilija B.

Been a BIAB man since '92, such a comprehensive source for music making! So much more to offer than "loops", it allows actual music composition to be realized. Evolve from harmonic ignorance and find out what REAL music is made of!
-Don D.

A must for any musician who wants to improve on his own, or to share his musical ideas in a professional high quality rendition.. You just play with the best musicians and that's great ♪ :)
-Jean-Marie D.

I use Band in a Box all the time. I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to use and it sounds super-big time!
-Max R.

An excellent tool for generating backing tracks. Saves me hours of MIDI programming. Combines the best of MIDI and live audio samples.
-Steve A.

Forum Stats
28195 Members
59 Forums
54870 Topics
454882 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Rocky 58, Georgia Davis, TinaHa, Sylvia DE, Maisha

28194 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 193