Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: One-measure count in not working by Ember - PG Music @ 4 minutes 56 seconds ago

Hello Funkifized, We would love to take a look at your song. If you can please send in a frozen SGU or MGU file to support@pgmusic.com and let us know which version year of the program you're using as well as the build number (which you can find under Help | About Band-in-a-Box) this would be helpful. Thank you, Ember
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Xtra Styles Problem Solved by JohnJohnJohn @ 20 minutes 12 seconds ago

Several comments here recently about people buying the latest Xtra Styles but not having the required RealTracks to use them. Here is a solution. For every style, program a backup default RealTrack that is included in every BIAB since RTs were invented. So, if new Xtra Style "2021 Country Gold" requires a drum RT that was only included in Biab 2021 Ultraman upgrade, automatically select an older mostly compatible RT that the customer does have. Or, when the new Xtra Style is loaded
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Go Back by Derochette @ 27 minutes 50 seconds ago

Hi Tommyc, Well done parody with a funny video. I appreciated. Kindly regard Derochette alias JaniJackFlash
Jump to new posts Re: Xtra styles 11 question. by JohnJohnJohn @ 28 minutes 35 seconds ago

The style is the band. The tracks are the band members. If a style/band requires a track/drummer from 2021 and you don't have it then your style/band will be drumless!
Jump to new posts Re: Color of bar lyrics by Chantelle - PG Music @ 28 minutes 53 seconds ago

Hello J. Larry, right click any bar and select the Display Options. Here you can change the font and background colour of the Bar Based Lyrics. You'll need to select either the "Bar Lyrics layer (text)" or the "Bar Lyrics layer (background)" in the top left drop down menu before adjusting the colours.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: ♫ Accidental Lovers by Derochette @ 44 minutes 21 seconds ago

Hi Noel, Nice intro, pleasant lyrics. The whole is well done. Kindly regard Derochette alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: That's My Heart by Derochette @ Today at 12:05 PM

Hi floyd jane, Your composition has not aged any more. The lyrics fit perfectly with the musical arrangement. It's very catchy. Janice's double voice is well positioned and enriches your composition. Your compositions are always so pleasant to listen to. Kindly regard Derochette alias JaniJackFlash
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Stairway to Heaven was written by Guitarhacker @ Today at 11:50 AM

Then of course, there's the whole backward masking and how did they figure THAT out? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgtxpRNT-r0 The devil made them do it. The crazy thing is.... this is a fact... if you record that part of the song from their movie THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME.... and play it backwards.... yep... it's there in the live version too. And now you know.
Plogue has a pretty good User Guide for their Sforzando software. You can download it here: Storfanzo User Guide On the Settings tab of the Sforzando GUI, you can define the data paths on your system for both the location of a folder containing your sfz files, and another data path for the location of any data files that the ARIA Engine converts to sfz format (the folder auto-created by the program is named "ARIAconverted"). The User Guide explains this setup. What I did was crea
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Pink Moon by TuneMonger @ Today at 10:53 AM

Like this a lot, especially your timing and phrasing in the second half was boss! More!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Anoint Myself by TuneMonger @ Today at 10:44 AM

Great job, had me rolling! BGVs were off the chart. Just jumped out of the washing machine, sparkling clean. What cycle to dry?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Last Night (Western Swing) by Rustyspoon# @ Today at 10:40 AM

Nigel, Quality tune. Well composed, singed and mixed. Listens very well. Thank you for sharing. Misha.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jeff, You're gonna' wait a long time. Apple bought exclusive distribution rights and elected to use it as a launch vehicle for their Apple+ streaming vehicle. No plans have been announced for theater distribution.
Originally Posted By: justanoldmusoOR you tube has slews of reaps midi vids. eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GId0W5402BIeg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDPSQcGWGO4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFerMQOECWQ just use google for researching any daw topic irrespective of daw used Wonderful! The last video has the solution I was looking for: I just put midi_Filter_XL into my instrument master track and set it to block program changes (PC) events and now my VST synth is untouched. Waaaaaaaay c
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray by jannesan @ Today at 10:19 AM

I'm bit late to comment, but got lost in illusion of timeline Mix of really many styles and lyrics travel through the history and the cameraman is witnessing it all happening. So many great lines, worth studying the deeper meanings, enjoyable playing with words "ignoring the law of rocks and scissors" Great intro and ending, really thoughtfully built. Hiphopping sounds classic. The instrumentation is excellent, truly creative use of RTs, the guitar solo is fantastic. I think this is
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Waiting by jannesan @ Today at 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Steve YoungOriginally Posted By: Greg JohnsonVery cool!! You have such a unique and wonderful sense of melody......always love hearing the changes you come up with!! I really like the vocal arrangement and processing you used!! Nice work!! Take care. Greg What Greg said. Very nice. Enjoyed this! Steve Thanks Steve for giving a listen and commenting kindly Janne
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Improved Styles and Tracks Picker by Matt Finley @ Today at 09:24 AM

Blues1952, we can get behind this request if we understand it better. As above, an example of what you mean by searchable library could help. Also an example of the place you find track and style descriptions limited. Are you referring to the DOS standard of 8.3, or something/somewhere else?
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Bob Dylan at 80 by Le Miz @ Today at 09:21 AM

Meaty and fascinating: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bob-dylan-80-elton-john-112154861.html
Pre-Sales FAQ
Jump to new posts Re: Eighth note triplets in notation by Matt Finley @ Today at 09:19 AM

Note that the above does not have to be an either/or setting for the song. In the Editable Notation Mode, you can turn triplet resolution on or off for individual beats.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Measurement Rant by Matt Finley @ Today at 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: MarioD...slide rule ... I still have mine. Don't use it much, though.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Headrush and BIAB 2021/RealBand by justanoldmuso @ Today at 08:10 AM

steve. ymmv. isnt the set up/usb details in your headrush manual ?. looks to me like you hook up hr over usb. heres a you tube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-SdTn0M6Sk then go into your headrush settings i guess like 44.1 on the vid. to be compatible with bb. then enable the headrush driver in bb . personally i wouldnt bother with interfaceing HR with bb. i would do my basic arrangeing of song in bb then export to realband or a daw like reaper. then go to daw preferences and point daw
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DAY JOB? by Jim Fogle @ Today at 08:08 AM

Like most here I've performed a variety of roles over the years. Here are my main roles in no particular order: radio announcer, electronics technician, traffic signal installation and repair, electrician, explosive ordinance disposal (EOD), pneumatic and hydraulics technician, computer technician and manufacturer's field engineer.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: May I ask for style advice? by Guitarhacker @ Today at 08:05 AM

Considering that I consider myself a "country guy"........ I don't fear exploring other styles. I quite often use rock styles in my country songs. I used LA HARD ROCK in several early on in my time with BB. With BB, there are a lot, and I mean a lot of really great sounding rock styles complete with the guitars. I did a song a while back that was called Under the Black.... a song about pirates and the series Black Sails that is on Starz TV.... (great series BTW) I used a rock st
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: A Technical Question for Guitar Players by Guitarhacker @ Today at 07:49 AM

Cathy, there's two issues being discussed in reference to the licensing. One is how to license a song that someone else owns the copyright on.... such as when you want to do a cover of a popular song. In this case, you contact the HARRY FOX AGENCY and pay them the license fee for the purpose you intend to use the song in. Prices vary so you should choose carefully to stay within the license. Second one.... and this is what I think you you meant when you said Quote:Dunno what it takes to li
Off-Topic
Originally Posted By: PlanobillyThe friendly postman is not so friendly any longer. My postman tells me he no longer works for the post office, he works for Amazon. Just for curiosity, do you think your not so friendly mailman prefers unemployment to overtime? I worked for the USPS for 8 years. I carried the bag on the street for 7 1/2 of that. I quit in 1986 and I am shocked they lasted this long. That company is SO POORLY RUN it was shameful. My office had 20 routes and 1 auxiliary route. 21
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили 80 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 стиля RealTracks, новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), записи профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances), поставляемые в качестве бонуса отдельные инструменты RealDrums (RealDrums "Singles"), транскрипции стилей RealDrums, набор мультистилей MultiStyles PAK 1, набор экстра-стилей Xtra Styles PAK 10 и др.!

новых | Пакеты

Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Forum Stats
34343 Members
67 Forums
69340 Topics
595974 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Xerto, Robot, Lyle Bradford, Paul Harman, Michael Lawlor

34343 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 201