Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese Rock Band Style by Callie - PG Music @ 18 minutes 36 seconds ago

Hi Oded! I've listened to a few L'arc en ciel and Rock Anime songs this morning to familiarize (thank you YouTube), and feel like you may find something you like with our RealTracks Sets 341 or 364: RealTracks Set 341: Cinematic Metal with Darin Favorite RealTracks Set 364: More "Cinematic" Guitar with Darin Favorite We have two Xtra Styles PAK with some Metal too: Xtra Styles PAK 9: Rock & Pop and Xtra Styles PAK 1: Rock & Pop
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: RealBand Future ? by Del @ 30 minutes 45 seconds ago

I agree that more effort should be put into Realband, there are several of us who use BIAB just to build the basic song (because it is fast) and do all the rest in Realband. My work flow uses Realband 95% of the time and Biab 5%. It seems like realband is the red headed step sister to Biab and it could be Cinderella instead.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Running out of time to get things done by sslechta @ 38 minutes 51 seconds ago

Hi Keith, sorry to hear about your condition. I hope you can pull through OK. Sounds pretty serious. Good luck with your procedures! The rig looks awesome, nice job!
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: LINUX!!! by Gordon Scott @ 40 minutes 32 seconds ago

Hmm, here's an oddity and I can't yet tell if it's something I hadn't previously noticed (I _think_ I'd have noticed), or if it's happened as a consequence of putting folder bb onto a USB drive and symbolically linking that to ~/.wine/drive_c/bb or if it's related to applying the 844 update. My Browse styles with info opens normally with styles listed as I expect, but if I click the style-filter [clear] button or the style-filter [Refresh] button, whilst the [Name] column remains as it was, all
Jump to new posts Transitions for Vocals and Strings by Hogman @ 42 minutes 46 seconds ago

I've been trying to find a fix for the choppy transitions from chord to chord, primarily with vocals and strings and it's more apparent when there are say, two chords per bar. I'm using the latest, fully upgraded version of Mac BinaB. I know that there is a YouTube fix for this for windows but it it's intensive. At some point I seem to recall that there was a correction for this inherent in the program itself. I've use the help icon and looked into the manual but can't find what I'm looking for
User Showcase
'Blue Attitude', Mr. Straub, and Ms. Spruitt... This here 'funky blues' number you folks cooked-up is packed with so much soul that I think the title of the song, 'Soul Searchin', does you a disservice: you don't have to 'search' for it -- you've found it, already, and you're slinging it around like musical whips. Ooo, but it hurts so-o-o good, !!!
Jump to new posts Re: Can't create "add 9" or "add 11" chords by Chantelle - PG Music @ 52 minutes 10 seconds ago

Here is a full list of the chords recognized by Band-in-a-Box. The chord names have to be entered exactly as shown here. Alternative spellings for the same chord type will not be recognized. https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_chordlist.htm
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: 2022 by Chantelle - PG Music @ 54 minutes 28 seconds ago

Historically the new version of Band-in-a-Box for Windows is released around winter time, but of course we cannot guarantee this for the upcoming release. We will send out emails and post in the forums when the new Windows version is available.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts God Wins (Celtic Christian Campfire Song) by Bawb @ Today at 09:22 AM

https://soundcloud.com/user-619066495-714650428/god-wins-vocals "God Wins!" Verse 1 Don't be afraid No, don't ya fear Don't ya be troubled By evil you hear Pray to the Father In the name of His Son That His kingdom comes That His will be done Chorus Don't be deceived by the devil Or listen to the lies he uses But be of good cheer my friend Read the good book and see how it ends God Wins! The devil loses Verse 2 God has a hold of you Tight in His hands Put trust in Him And not tru
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Who is Steve Earle? OMG, where have I been? by Planobilly @ Today at 09:22 AM

Thanks Keith for the heads up. Steve could know Eric Taylor as they played in many of the same venues. Eric played a large number of coffee houses and tells a story about the difference between what you can sing about in a Catholic coffee house and a unitarian coffee house...funny story I use to play in a few pretty rough biker bars and developed some songs that were pretty rude or a little too close to home for some people. Pour a few shots on top of that and all manner of "bombs"
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: How the dice fall, a ballad with piano's by Bawb @ Today at 09:10 AM

Hi Hans, This is definitely a keeper! Your vocals sounded great, and strong writing on the lyrics. And you really picked the right musical arrangement for this song. It sounds somewhat theatrical at times, while at the same time, blending in some folksy sounding Neal Young or maybe even Al Stewart vocals. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Great musical quotes by Mark Hayes @ Today at 09:04 AM

"Any art or habit of life, if it is limited chronically to a few processes that are easiest to acquire, must at some time become so weakened that it is neither a part of art nor a part of life. The simplest ratios, called perfect consonances, have been used so long and so constantly that audiences have become soft. If they hear anything but doh-me-soh or a near cousin, they have to be carried out on a stretcher." Charles Ives (Memos, #42)
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: An American Coup by Bawb @ Today at 09:04 AM

Hi Scott, Keep on rocking in the free world, while it's still free! I dunno, but I think you really missed your calling back in the 80's. You really have that 80's sound down with your vocals (at least that's what it sounds like to me). That aside, I've kind of come to expect very well put together tunes from you (the music and vocs) and when I clocked on your post, found this song no exception. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Time After Time by Bawb @ Today at 08:58 AM

Hi Peter, An easy song to listen to and reflect. The lyrics you wrote invoke such imagery. Sadness and then hope... Your vocals also set the mood and were well done. And finally, the solo at the end sounded great. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
User Showcase
Hi Greg, I've never really tried to write or sing to the Bossa band sound, but your song has a really appealing sound to it. It just feels like an autumn sounding tune. Your vocals are outstanding and smooth as butter. At times, it resembles the song Autumn Leaves, at least for me. It's the kind of song that would fit right in as the soundtrack for the closing credits of some melancholy movie from the 60's or 70's. Nice, enjoyable listen. Thanks for posting.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Ricochet by Bawb @ Today at 08:43 AM

Hi Bob, I just going to come out and tell you... What's not to like about your song. The music, way you chose to sing it is just right and an easy listen. It just puts one in the mindset that you're sitting with your Grandfather and he's imparting wisdom to his young buck grandson. Thanks for posting
Band-in-a-Box for Windows FAQ
Jump to new posts Re: Can't here more than 4 notes from midi keyboard by Matt Finley @ Today at 08:37 AM

Right, Dan, I never noticed it, but I'm not a keyboard player (don't even normally have one connected) and never tried it. I have reported this to the developers but yes, go ahead and see if you can duplicate the problem. To Ariel, the original poster, you might try one thing: Whenever BIAB does not act the way you know it should, do Options, Return to Factory Settings, Most. I am not saying this will help in this case, because I don't yet know if it was designed to do what you are experienc
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I'm In It For The Minute by bluage @ Today at 08:26 AM

'BabuMusic'... Well, this is something different: a rockin' rock number featuring a jazzy clarinet solo, and it works for me . The song's got an irresistible beat, the kind that would cause diaper-wearing toddlers to take their first dance steps, bouncing on their little, bowed legs and giggling with newfound ecstasy in discovering the the fun of movin' and groovin' to the rhythm. I think your lyrics are fun and imaginative, too: "Down the road there's a fire burning out of control
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass by Bawb @ Today at 08:06 AM

Hi Rob 4580, Well, I guess the main thing I can say about your song is it uses and old show biz trick... Keep it short and leave them wanting to come back for more! I'm not really sure how else to describe your song, but it's definitely good! Catchy , well played and sung. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
Jump to new posts RealDrums Pattern Editor mapping by RoyReddy @ Today at 06:35 AM

I have a question about the Drum Pattern Editor in StyleMaker Working with style '-ZZPOPBL.sty' that includes RealDrum 'RockEven8' and 75 bpm tempo. the RealDrum style TXT file is \Drums\RockEven8\RockEven8_075_Style.txt This TXT file describes 192 bars in the RockEven8_075_Style.wav. 105 for the A-pattern, numerous types 86 for the B-pattern, numerous types 1 for CountIn PatternEditor shows 7 columns for the A-pattern (2 with weight=9 not in the Txt) 8 columns for the B-patte
Jump to new posts Re: How to hold a chord for a specified time by Chantelle - PG Music @ Today at 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: jbrydon Once I found out how to select an alternative MIDI instrument to replace the RealTracks one (not well documented) I'm now good to go. If you click on a RealTrack in the Mixer it cannot be changed to a regular (yellow) MIDI track. But it can be changed to a MIDI SuperTrack (blue). Click on "Select MIDI SuperTrack for this Track" in the menu.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Your Desert co-write with Ray by BabuMusic @ Today at 06:01 AM

Oh, yeah, I gotta start out by quoting Janice & Bud who are quoting David: "This has got a slinky, dangerous vibe to it, which fits well with the poetic lyrics." And that fretless bass --the whole band-- really adds a ton of danger to the slink. Oh, yeah, your lyrics are always top-notch. In fact, they seem to create their own notch above others. You vocals always draw me in, and Nadya on the phone is outstanding. I agree with Dave about her soloing sometime. Excellent song,
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: Great Overview Of Windows 11 by justanoldmuso @ Today at 05:44 AM

JM. Bob. case size dont bother me. i'm seeing some silly low prices on off lease refurb hp and lenovo workstation beasts with xeons/ssd etc. win 10 included. (for win 7 lovers some include 7). prices as low as under 300 buckies for a refurb xeon beast.....how much faster will rt's gen useing one vs tother. i mean if i'm only gonna save one second..meh lol. i'll stick with refurbs. but if 11400 is a BIG diff over cheapo refurbs, then that interests me. so i wonder if i'm mixing down a 40 trak s
RealBand
I'm in the process of reinstalling BIAB and RB on a new PC so haven't been able to try it, but Pipeline's solution would seem to solve the problem even though a little more complex than simply using the vsts in the normal way. thanks pipeline!
thanks for the assistance and question here. My intention was to twofold 1. learn about RealDrum configuration * I think that I understand this now and how BIAB works with the A&B Drum array of Bars to generate tracks * Along the way I learned that the download templates are out of date and reported here. 2. Create a stripped down RealDrum. Something quite basic, even as simple as the metronome but with a softened Real kick drum. Not Midi. It might sound like POOf, poof, Poof, poof *
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >
PG Music News
Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Simon did it again - another test in Windows 11! See how well the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin works with Windows® 11 in his latest video: The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Forum Stats
34989 Members
66 Forums
71233 Topics
617664 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Zandormaz, L.René, Bluest Blues, dautfred, mercabusca

34989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 316
Pipeline 291