Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Lost At Love BlueAttitude 4 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, man, that sax sounds amazing! Just dripping with emotion, great tone. One of your best instrumentals I think, well done.
Replies 22 Views 245 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder BlueAttitude 9 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, you are a songwriting machine I think! Excellent, enjoyed very much.
Replies 23 Views 283 Read More
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time BlueAttitude 16 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Noel, Good to hear a new song from you! This is one of your best I think, very well written, and your vocal sounds great. Harmonies really work too. Loved it!
Replies 18 Views 292 Read More
Re: Ghost Town AudioTrack 20 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
My take, and apologies if this is derailing. BIAB could easily be adapted to perform as an Arranger keyboard system, using a fast processor, adequate RAM and a decent SSD. However... Some of the currently advertised System Requirements preclude this from ever being delivered:
System Requirements for Band-in-a-Box® Windows®: 11/10/8/7 (32 or 64-bit) Minimum 1GB RAM (2GB+ recommended) Minimum 1.0 GHz processor (2GHz+ multicore recommended)
I don't know anyone running Windows 7 (no longer supported for several years by Microsoft) on a 1.0 GHz processor and expecting anything from producing music. And that's what I believe is holding this opportunity back. Can you even start to imagine the interest that would be generated if BIAB was also an Arranger System that could be used with almost any existing keyboard? Nobody with a 1.0 GHz Windows 7 anything is purchasing the 2024 version of BIAB. Move on.
Replies 4 Views 59 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One BlueAttitude 26 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good song, very catchy! Good vocal, and Ken can play, great chops! I really like his style. Nice!
Replies 10 Views 181 Read More
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow rsdean 45 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave, Thanks so much. Bob
Replies 32 Views 720 Read More
Re: At Abby Roads Studio Starting August, 2024 AudioTrack 47 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I feel sure that musiclover is being a little tounge-in-cheek' Quote: "For the first time, music fans can hear the incredible story of Abbey Road and its role in music history," For the first time? Really? 231 GBP is about AU$450 (+Handling and delivery fees - a bonus). I think I'll hold off at this point. And I somehow doubt that this is 'the first time' grin
Replies 2 Views 53 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready BlueAttitude 49 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice one Floyd and Bill! Excellent write and vocal as always. I like the way you build the intensity as the track progresses, and how you bring in the strings towards the end. Top notch and totally professional, enjoyed!
Replies 16 Views 283 Read More
Re: F5 Bar Settings - Label Misalignment justanoldmuso 54 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
for me with vision impairment ive always found over loads of years and irrespective of daw used vol auto is too fiddly. way too fiddly. now the eye docs have improved my sight somewhat... (im ecstatic)...ive tried vol auto again in the spirit of openness and still it frustrates me. one of the reason i still use reaps v2 is i can split bits of my vocal tracks and useing a cursor visually see the waveforms change... so i can reduce or boost bits of vocals useing just an up down cursor and normalisation...oh how i wish i could do this in thenew fab bb tracks view...its a way better way to balance bits of track and then just glue to finish...and obviates the need to use comp lim plugins which can sometimes create side effects. I really hope pg realise that the new fab tracks view done right viz editing could slay the market. i wouldnt need any other app then. i agree keep f5 for roughing things out. and implement the feature ive described above for detailed track balancing...imho you cant beat seeing all the track clip waveforms. makes balancing the bits of a track way way easier cos the waveform changes viz other waveforms...imho....than vol auto fiddling around. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 8 Views 143 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) BlueAttitude 59 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, I love this song! I like everything you three produce, but this has to be one of your all-time best I think. Perfect!
Replies 37 Views 959 Read More
Re: Scaler 2.0 Update Available Bass Thumper 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Cerio
I've worked with all kind of software my entire life, and I'm a fast learner, but this must be one of the most confusing and counterintuitive programs I've ever found. The GUI is, to me, a perfect example of good looks, but very poor usability, and unfortunately the documentation and official "tutorial" videos don't help at all.
Agreed.
Replies 154 Views 81,842 Read More
Re: Brazilian Musical Style Choro IvanSilva 2 hours ago Forum: Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI, greetings from Brasil. Choro music should indeed deserve some attention from PG Music. This an example, "Receita de samba", composed by Jacob do Bandolim, one of the great players in choro.
Replies 6 Views 474 Read More
Re: There is a Savior DC Ron 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, beautiful song, and expertly arranged and mixed, as usual. That five minutes flew by! You really do a great job combining the various instrument sources into a cohesive, glassy mix. David's points on the intro/interlude are worth consideration. Really like what you're doing using synths to build song ideas in the style you used to sing. Sounds to me like you've made a seamless transition, and each song sounds better than the last. Looking forward to many more!
Replies 2 Views 31 Read More
Re: BLACK HORSE DC Ron 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Beautiful song, Bob! Lots of nice imagery here, "he's a ghost of his prime" is my favorite. The simplicity of the structure and instrumentation works perfectly. The mix is crystal clear. A very enjoyable blast from your past!
Replies 2 Views 39 Read More
Re: Falling camog 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very convincing David - great production, superb job all round!! Cheers, Carl
Replies 30 Views 422 Read More
Re: "From Time to Time" - (long ambient) camog 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks David - I haven't played about with ambient stuff and thought I'd have a go, a bit of a niche area! Thanks for listening! Best, Carl
Replies 2 Views 25 Read More
Charline's blues Chris37 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi all, This minor blues is sung by Hayden (Synthesizer v). https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/charlines-blues Hey Charline, what is wrong with you Why are you feeling blue I prefer when you start singing And all is brightening Even if you’re not miss Joplin Think to her, you will grin Your voice will send under your skin A dose of endorphin Even if I’m not Jimmy Page Please, come with me on stage There, for sure, you will drown the pain Which invades all your brain If something disturbs your spirit Your song will expell it Tell yourself when they hear your voice People really rejoice Even if you’re not miss Joplin Think to her, you will grin Your voice will send under your skin A dose of endorphin RD BossaBrushes RT 713 Acoustic Bass RT 573 Electric Guitar RT 626 Harmonica RT 1648 Solo Acoustic Guitar
Replies 0 Views 6 Read More
Don’t know why Reina & Toni pghboemike 9 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 0 Views 18 Read More
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind dcuny 10 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Ronnie. Excellent work, as always. Toe-tapping goodness. smile I used to have a Variax, but it was always a hassle to set up. I sold it to a friend, who gigged the heck out of it.
Replies 8 Views 148 Read More
Re: Do you copyright your songs before showing it to producers? Ely Bass 10 hours ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This has been a most illuminating thread. I read the whole thing. Thank you. So I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but instead I want to approach the question from the other side -- that of the potential infringer. Over the years, I've played in, and recorded several original bands. Most of the songs were written by bandmates. I have the recordings. They are usually the first recordings. I'm not trying to make money from releasing these songs, but I would like to make it possible for people to hear them, mainly friends and family. I know that I own the rights to the recordings and production. Most of these songs were written in the 90s and are unpublished and unregistered works. Most have been performed live. I've lost touch with most of the songwriters. Spotify makes it easy for songwriters and publishers to collect their royalties for streams. I'd love to do that. Searches for copyrights on Google, easysong, and with the Harry Fox Agency turn up nothing for my recording. I have several questions. (1) What risk am I taking if I publish these works on SoundCloud and post links on facebook? (2) Should I copyright these recordings? (3) Any other related issues I should think about? So all songwriters here who recorded their unpublished works with bands, please copyright your works so it's easier for us amatuer producers to get our recordings out there without infringing.
Replies 112 Views 22,610 Read More
Re: Is there a way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Rustyspoon# 12 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
"easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer" That would be a nice feature. Not only for a mixer, but naturally for new Track View as well.
Replies 11 Views 333 Read More
Re: Wrong instruments after changing styles, + render issue. musocity Yesterday at 11:57 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by uncledunc
...Seriously, I've wasted so much time on this app, I'm making less than minimum wage every time I use it to build tracks for clients.
That is the very thing I was using it for, that was my job but I had to quit because of too many issues with Biab/RB, but now my job is trying year in year out to get PG to improve it but it's an incredibly slow process. There is a big improvement in the latest version if you use Reaper though it's still waiting for yet more fixes. If you have Reaper you can import frozen SGU's from main Biab instantly Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly Open SGU in Reaper See issues: A Working BBPlugin (EZBBvst)
Replies 1 Views 48 Read More
Re: Creep rsdean Yesterday at 11:21 PM Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeah, that's a great cover of that song... So well arranged and mixed. The Synth V vocal is superb. Bob
Replies 3 Views 94 Read More
Re: PAT map for PowerTracks rharv Yesterday at 10:55 PM Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Have you tried this page to see if there is a similar one available for Kurzweil? https://www.pgmusic.com/support_miscellaneous.htm Since PT uses Patches.ini and you are here, wondering why you want to go to a .PAT file?
Replies 1 Views 31 Read More
Re: Scaler 2 Upgrade problems jpettit Yesterday at 10:17 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This includes a fix to Studio One 6.6 GUI and authorization problems with Scaler2. I've had problems in the past installing the latest update on Windows, unless you temporarily turn off Windows defender.
Replies 5 Views 110 Read More
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,295
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182