Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... jford 04/08/24 10:10 PM Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Just tried it. When I loaded the plugin, PTPA just closed. Then I tried it again, loaded the plugin, and it looked okay, but when I clicked to select a style, PTPA just closed. Then I tried it again. This time, the plugin loaded, I was able to select a style and input a chord progression, and copy it to the individual tracks and play back. So, thank you! Seems to work now, but took a few tries to get there.
Replies 8 Views 809 Read More
Re: Just The Melody mrgeeze 04/08/24 08:46 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Finding gigs is always a challenge. At least ones that pay a decent wage. I'm happy to have what I have. As for repertoire, I play Road Song by Wes and a couple of Crusaders tunes. George Benson, Dolly, Don Gibson, Willie, etc. I currently do Wichita Lineman also by Jim Webb. I'm 65 years old. I chart most of the changes from Real Books, IrealPro, artist Music books, or charts I find online. Some I do the hard way by Transcribing. YouTube is a great way to figure out difficult heads. There's a lot of guitar players on YouTube much better than me. Some are amazing. I've not found much long term success using other peoples work (mp3's) for performance. Often the levels or EQ is just unacceptable. Sometimes an instrument is too loud or two soft. The cymbals are often too loud. Its difficult to mix in other parts. Sometimes no amount of work in the DAW makes them good enough. You can hear the difference between tracks. For me It has to sound like one band, not a bunch of different bands. Consistent volume and EQ (bass and highs) in your tracks will separate your stuff from the others. It will get you gigs. People often comment on the quality of my stuff. It sounds good. It takes work. You'll find your own road. Enjoy the journey.
Replies 5 Views 167 Read More
Re: World Fusion cubanpete 04/08/24 07:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you guys, I'm glad you all liked it. Being an experiment one neve knows, but I liked it, so, I posted it. Cheers!! Mike B.
Replies 6 Views 136 Read More
Re: Where to find the SynthMaster Licence Key? Andrew - PG Music 04/08/24 06:37 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
If you are using the SynthMaster version that came with Band-in-a-Box, it should not require a key. If this is the case for you, try doing the following: Close Band-in-a-Box and go to this folder directory: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SynthMasterPlayer Rename or delete the following two files: Config\SynthMasterPlayerConfig.txt synthmasterplayerlicensekey.txt
Replies 3 Views 209 Read More
Re: Cool CBS interview with WV native Sierra Ferrell bobcflatpicker 04/08/24 04:58 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 5 Views 192 Read More
Trying to record BIAB to Audacity [Resolved] Lloyd S 04/08/24 03:36 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've had this problem before, and someone here came up with a solution, which I've been using. But ... the suggested settings in Audacity of MME and What You Hear are no longer working since: - Windows 10 did and update on me - I updated Audacity to 3.4.2 - I installed BIAB 2024 (1111) My desktop setup includes such a dizzying array of options, that I can't seem to find one that works. I know I have a SoundBlaster Z card installed and I assume a generic one from MS. Can anyone suggest a starting point? Help! Thanks! LLOYD S (I tried to attach a jpg file showing the options. Not sure it worked)
Replies 0 Views 53 Read More
Re: Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? DrDan 04/08/24 03:14 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
[Linked Image]Ari is right on. 2024 shows this nicely in the Tracks View.
Replies 5 Views 284 Read More
Re: AI vocals Doggie 04/08/24 02:42 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you. I was looking at that last night and was able to get things working with the note based. Still don't understand why entering on the bar doesn't take. Probably doesn't matter so long as I can use note based.
Replies 8 Views 257 Read More
Re: Where to find a list of file based songs for BIAB? Notes Norton 04/08/24 01:18 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for the kind words, Gordon. I have a number of "fake disks", chord progressions with BiaB styles recommended. In most cases they will appear with a MIDI style assigned, and the BiaB app will suggest an appropriate RealTrack style. It's the only way to please both MIDI and Real style people. Most of the fake disks also have an optional, published music book available. You can open the book, choose the BiaB song, and sing and/or play along. The words and melody are in the books. Free downloadble samples are in the song list section of the fake disks. https://www.nortonmusic.com/contents.html#fake I also have some free songs (without melodies) here: https://www.nortonmusic.com/page-a-f.html https://www.nortonmusic.com/page-g-l.html https://www.nortonmusic.com/page-m-r.html https://www.nortonmusic.com/page-s-z.html Notes ♫ PS, we are in the process of double-checking a new version of Fake Disk #2, The Pop/Rock Fake disk. This features all new styles, since thousands of styles have been created since I made that disk back in the 1990s. We've been working on the update almost a year now. It will be a free update for anyone who purchased Fake Disk #2 from me. I'll post something here when it's finally double-checked and ready.
Replies 3 Views 159 Read More
Re: Soloist hitting target notes sdantonio 04/08/24 02:38 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you, Ill give that a shot tomorrow
Replies 2 Views 86 Read More
Re: A very minor bug MarioD 04/08/24 02:17 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
In other words, BIAB should first check to see if these folders are already empty?
Yes and if they are empty just continue loading.
Replies 2 Views 155 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) Rustyspoon# 04/08/24 01:32 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That woke me up! Peter& Co., Fantastic rendition! I am sure I've heard older versions, but this is so different, that listens as a brand new song. Super vocals by Janice, ACE arrangement and killer guitar. Mixed very well. Congrats to all participants and thank you for sharing. Misha.
Replies 63 Views 2,527 Read More
The Secret Song Bass Thumper 04/07/24 08:41 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Quite by accident we caught most of this program the other night, and were very impressed. I think this is based on the "Orff Method" which we never heard of. Anybody have experience with it? Watch the kid's faces, you can almost hear their brain cells crackling and sparking as neural connections are made. I wish I had a program like this available as a kid; fun and instructive at the same time. The Secret Song
Replies 0 Views 88 Read More
Re: No Name Scott C 04/07/24 03:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Lovely piece Mario. That windcontroller is such a cool instrument. Smooth, relaxing and excellent melody. Well done
Replies 30 Views 1,188 Read More
Re: When I Met You Dewey_MI 04/07/24 02:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Praying for a good outcome for your bride, Ronnie! As others have stated, it's a beautiful tribute. Dewey
Replies 9 Views 168 Read More
Re: In my brain Dewey_MI 04/07/24 02:13 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great job, Christian! Nice melody and feel to match the topic. Something to consider...you have a very strong word in the first stanza which rhymes with your hook's main word (i.e., refrain to brain). My two cents is it would be more natural to the ear if you took the extra time wordsmithing to align them in lines 2 and 4. Dewey
Replies 10 Views 232 Read More
Re: Surprise: Encore may be back Notes Norton 04/07/24 02:10 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
They are bullet proof. I just retired one I bought in 2002. It still works, but it's very slow with modern apps. The one I'm using MTPro on has IBM and Lenovo logos on it. On stage, where there is no room for a mouse, that little eraser head pointer works much better than the glide strip. Unless they cheapen the product, I'm a faithful customer. Notes ♫
Replies 44 Views 7,653 Read More
Re: What do you do with your life ? (with Sheena and Kevin) DC Ron 04/07/24 11:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, lovely tune! Your backing track is very open and airy, and makes a nice space for the duet. I like your choices for the vocalists, and they do sound very nice together. Some of the lines sound a little stiff and robotic, but I think David has provided input on why that is. But that doesn't detract from...this is a really nice song!
Replies 8 Views 163 Read More
A Working BBPlugin (EZBBvst) musocity 04/07/24 10:34 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Current way the Plugin works: [Linked Image] How the Plugin needs to works, self-contained crossplatform Plugin/Plugin Standalone: [Linked Image]
Replies 0 Views 84 Read More
Re: The developer not sitting on the fence anymore. musocity 04/07/24 10:28 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Current way the Plugin works: [Linked Image] How the Plugin needs to works, self-contained crossplatform Plugin/Plugin Standalone: [Linked Image]
Replies 28 Views 1,106 Read More
Re: EZKeys 2.05 Update is available AudioTrack 04/07/24 05:15 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
An extraordinary level of Quality Control for Organization, too wink
Replies 3 Views 113 Read More
Re: Black & Blue NigelSpiers 04/06/24 10:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Jani, Thanks for your comments. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 31 Views 1,077 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey musocity 04/06/24 10:35 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Maybe do a survey down the local shopping mall or out on the street, there maybe more users there ? I think because of the many issue most users don't bother with it if you can simply drag the tracks from the main Biab app into your DAW. I have been trying very hard to get it made into an all in one, instant generate, play direct EZBBvst but it's very slow as it still relies on the old BBW4 running in the background that takes ages to get programmed for the JUCE vst. THIS IS THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THE PLUGIN am I wrong ? EZDrummer was released and just worked from the get go. EZD just has a single app.exe standalone or a vst.dll that accesses the Midi Drums library on the hard drive.
Replies 15 Views 438 Read More
Re: How Brass Instruments work AudioTrack 04/06/24 07:12 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for those links, Jim. David Bennett definitely puts a lot of research into his material.
Replies 2 Views 77 Read More
Re: King of Kings Ezekiel's Storm 04/06/24 05:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Beautiful and soothing. Perfect for Holy Week. Exceptional vocal and melody.
Replies 21 Views 479 Read More
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,633
Posts735,258
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich
38,521 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181