Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
H
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
H
If I go to BIAB online for RealTracks 395 as shown below...
RealTracks Set 395 : Singer-Songwriter DADGAD Guitar with Quinn Bachand

Then play the solo demo as shown below...
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm SongwriterSlow68DADGAD Sw 050 Solo Demo

It sounds beautiful! However, if I go to RealTracks on my own laptop and try to reproduce that sound, the guitar sounds thin, higher-pitched, and not as full as the solo demo.

How do I achieve that sound? Is it possible? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!!

Dell Laptop Core I7, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10/64, Studio One 5 Pro with Komplete 13 and lots of VST plugins, BIAB UltraPak 2022 Build 914
Veteran
Veteran
Hi huertaaj,

What version of BIAB do you own? (For example, the Megapak, Ultrapak, etc.)

Also... Could you please explain the steps that you go through to load Realtrack 395 on your laptop?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
There is a number of these, did you try them all?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (320.73 KB, 180 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

That's a great thought... Set 395! I was thinking of the single Realtrack #395. I should have checked the name. RT 395 is by Darin Favorite.

Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
H
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
H
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am running BIAB 2022 UltraPak on Windows 10/64 (just upgraded yesterday). I KNOW that I'm using the correct RealTracks file on my laptop and even checked with the CHAT help on the BIAB help page.

As I mentioned, it sounds thin on my computer, not so full and lush as it does on the solo demo on the BIAB website.

Dell Laptop Core I7, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10/64, Studio One 5 Pro with Komplete 13 and lots of VST plugins, BIAB UltraPak 2022 Build 914
Veteran
Veteran
Have you tuned your laptop to DADGAD. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

H
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
H
Hardyharhar laugh I already tuned my laptop to DADGAG...

So what I do to check the sound of that solo guitar on my computer is the following...

1) Run BIAB 2022 and load the Style named _Loftsun which corresponds to the RealTrack named

Compare a solo of Guitar 2 in the computer with what you hear on the online demo RealTrack file. They don't sound the same. What is going on?

Also, why don't they name these two things (RealStyles and RealTracks) the same or something more similar?

Basically, if I hear a demo online and say..."Hey I want that" but then after buying it there is no way to reproduce that sound. Sort of maddening.

Last edited by huertaaj; 01/01/22 04:57 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
Glad you understood my humor.

So what exactly does not sound right? There are eight different real tracks in Set 395. Different picking/strumming patterns and different tones. Is it one or all of the RTs in the set 395 that is a problem for you. I listened to one of them and it sounds OK on short listen. Meaning it sounded similar to the demo on the company website.

H
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
H
Hi MusicStudent: Yes I did understand your humor grin
I edited my latest post above to better explain the situation

Veteran
Veteran
[quote=huertaajI edited my latest post above to better explain the situation
[/quote]
Will look and listen first thing in the morning. Hope we can figure this out.

H
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
H
OK, now I'm really getting disappointed. I compared a different set of files and I'm COMPLETELY disappointed with what BIAB offers via their demo vs what one gets after downloading.

For example...look at RealTracks 391 online on the BIAB page and it shows several acoustic guitars (that is what I want, acoustic guitars!). So, the solo demos sound great as acoustic guitars. However, if you purchase the UltraPak version of BIAB and load a Style filtered using 391 go ahead and play all the examples and there are NO acoustic guitars in the group. Am I the only one that sees and hears this or can anyone else confirm?

Am I not doing this properly? Is there a way to find and reproduce the Acoustic guitars shown in the RealStyles #391 on my own computer? Maybe I'm just going about this all wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by huertaaj; 01/01/22 05:27 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi huertaaj,

Try following my instructions in the below pdf. This will allow you to listen to all the styles that use Realtrack Set #395 (Quinn Bachand).

I hope this helps,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi huertaaj,

Try following my instructions in the below pdf. This will allow you to listen to all the styles that use Realtrack Set #395 (Quinn Bachand).

I hope this helps,
Noel

Excellent and clear instructions.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: huertaaj

1) Run BIAB 2022 and load the Style named _Loftsun which corresponds to the RealTrack named

Compare a solo of Guitar 2 in the computer with what you hear on the online demo RealTrack file. They don't sound the same. What is going on?

I did an A vrs B of this content you indicated above: RT 3913 with Set # 203 .
I listed in Solo mode only (no band). I did the same with one other pair (both the 50 bpm tracks) comparing what is on the web versus the sound of the RT from in the RT Picker. The picking pattern was the identical for the two pairs I listened to. Maybe?.... there was some EQ differences, the web a bit darker and more bass. But this is very minor. I will listen to one or two more, but I think I am not hearing anything that objectionable. Your ears may be different than mine.

I did not load "the Style named _Loftsun" since I only compared the direct RTs. Maybe I now need to listen to the demo mix?

A B Sound Demo Set 395.JPG (353.86 KB, 108 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I did not load "the Style named _Loftsun" since I only compared the direct RTs. Maybe I now need to listen to the demo mix?

OK, Something is different to my ears. Something done in this demo song to the track which has changed the RT pattern and sound. Keep in mind, this is a demo song made by PGM. They will often tweek the arrangement and sounds to their tastes. Or, this is just a messed up RT in the Demo?

So try this. I inserted the exact same RT #3913 into the Melody track of the demo song and soloed it. It now sounds just like the web. Is that the fix for you??

Expert
Expert
Sorry to hijack, but this same Demo Song has other issues...

I loaded _LOFTSUN demo song... generated tracks and played.
I then loaded a different Real Drum track.
The RD track description changes but the RD track does not. It's the same awful (multi) drum track. Nothing is frozen.
I've tried several different RDs, and nothing changes except the track description. (using latest pre-release build)

EDIT: I cannot erase or substitute the RealDrums in style:Mallets and Cajon [Multi]
the Cajon sounds great, but the rolling toms (multi part) in background are awful and out of tune...

Last edited by bloc-head; 01/02/22 09:48 AM.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

H
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
H
Hi Noel96.

WOW, what a great tutorial on finding the sounds that I want! I'm somewhat new to BIAB, even though I have been dabbling with it briefly here and there for 20 years, I've never really been able to get into it as much as I have wanted to due to my job. However, now that I'm retired I do have the time. How fun!!!!

I'm beginning to figure the system out now with the help of others on the forum. I still think that the "solo demo" that is RealTracks online sounds much better and more full than what I hear when played on my laptop. I think that MusicStudent is right in saying that the "demos" are heavily doctored in such a way using equalizers, etc. to make them sound much better than the "dry" version that is downloaded. I'll have to figure out how to manipulate the sound from Guitar 2 (the rhythm guitar) using Studio One 5 Pro. I really like the "fullness" of the solo demo and want to get that sound on my laptop using my own chords, not the demo chords.

R
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
R
Remember that you can process or effect the RTs right inside BiaB. click the plugin tab on the BiaB mixer and add the dynamics plug, and tinker with that. maybe tweak the reverb, experiment with the eqs and such.

Drag the tracks to Studio one and add fx in the mixer there.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I think that MusicStudent is right in saying that the "demos" are heavily doctored in such a way using equalizers, etc. to make them sound much better than the "dry" version that is downloaded.

Not exactly what I said. I actually felt that the RT was a mess in the Demo song (likely due to some corruption) and when I inserted the exact same RT into the song on a different track it sounded much better, just like the web example.

Did you try that?

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
[quote]Something done in this demo song to the track which has changed the RT pattern and sound. Keep in mind, this is a demo song made by PGM. They will often tweek the arrangement and sounds to their tastes. Or, this is just a messed up RT in the Demo?

Hi Dan,

I hope you don't mind my mentioning this... Peter Gannon has pointed out a couple of times over the years that PG Music do not tweak any demos. They use the renderings directly from the demo file. The demos are obtained from the Audiophile software so that would impact a little bit on the sound but not hugely.

With this in mind, if there is an obvious mismatch in sound between PG Music's demo and the way BIAB plays the demo file, then there is most likely a Realtrack problem with the wrong Realtrack being assigned somewhere.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,637
Posts735,337
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182