Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#557558 10/03/19 01:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello Band-in-a-Box lovers

Here is the last song I wrote for the 50 90 songwriting challenge. Only 8 songs completed but I still consider it a win!

The lyrics for this one were written by the wonderful and prolific Liz Petty.

Lyrics:
sitting by the shore
watching the river run by
I see the time passing
as clouds blow in the sky
the air is getting colder
days are growing short
I feel you all around me
deep within my heart

I hear whispers in the willows
I hear whispers in the wind
Whisper your laughter
and the love we were in

underneath the willow
sheltered from the storm
I feel the cool rain fallling
longing for your arms
I wonder what you’re doing
if you ever think of me
I feel the chill of loneliness
Beneath the willow tree

I hear whispers in the water
I hear whispers in the rain
Whisper your love songs
and a sad refrain

B
the wind and rain remind me
how everything can change
as I feel the tears start falling
faster than the rain

C
I hear whispers in the willows
whisper your laughter
the love we were in

I hear whispers in the water
whisper your love songs
and a sad refrain

RealTracks:
RealTracks in style: 1827:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1839:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1596:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1947:Mandolin, Rhythm PopModernGrooveAndy Ev16 075
RealDrums [in style:PopModernGrooveSync16^1-a:Snare on 4, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Listens and/or comments are always much appreciated!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
First off, Liz did a great job with the lyrics! Now, you're musical interpretations of those lyrics are wonderful! What a cool song. You melodic choices along with that style is really enjoyable all the way around.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but there is something very John Denver-ish to your writing style to me. If you knew how much I love John Denver songs, that statement would probably have much more impact.

May I ask how you did the harmonies/backing vocals? They sound slightly synthetic, but not too much to me. I actually really like that sound. Just super tight supporting backing vocals. Very cool in my book.

Thanks again for another great song. It's stuck in my head in all the right ways. smile Great job Joanne!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

I agree with HTL - there is a John Denver vibe, for sure...

A really nice arrangement, nice use of BIAB. And a good mix.

fj

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Wonderful write, arrangement and performance. Enjoyed my listen. Your folk sound is a great niche for you and fits you well. Check out the DADGAD tunings RT's by Quinn Bachand. While the RT's may not fit every song you write, the tuning will. Tune your guitar to DADGAD for your next write and see where it may take you.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful. Well done!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nice work, Joanne smile This is the kind of tune you can listen to and it just puts you in a good mood. Very upbeat and pretty, and I found the mix to be lush as well. Some really great instrumentation on this one, and a really well rounded track.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Stellar vocals as usual. I don't hear anything synthetic in the harmonies.
A really nice arrangement to support the song based around a lovely melody and chord progression.
Top stuff.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This is taking me back to as been said before John Denver / Olivia newton John style.

Beautiful vocals fit this to a T.

And delivered in a beautiful easy listen way .

Thanks

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,
Beautiful vocals, phrasing stands out too! Mix is open and airy! Listens very well.
Enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Joanne,
Beautiful vocals, phrasing stands out too! Mix is open and airy! Listens very well.
Enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

I agree. Your harmonies are perfect. As usual you have raised the bar again.

Super song.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Joanne,

Everything sits nice and comfortably in this presentation... the music, the lyrics, your vocals. As I listened, I kept on thinking, "Joanne has such a great voice. She carries these lyrics and tells Liz's story very, very well. The musical setting of them is excellent."

As others before me, I also noticed the hint of John Denver weaving its way through this presentation. And I say that as a sincere compliment.

In short, I really enjoyed listening.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Joanne, exceptional from start to finish.

The vocal work is extraordinary, which simply matches the caliber of the lyrics.

Really enjoyed this.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Ms. Cooper & Ms. Petty...

The title of your song, Whispers of You, is lovely and evocative enough to have its own music heard in the simple speaking of those words…but in a whisper, of course smile . The title can't help but evoke the mutual experience of shared intimacy, as in 'into me, see'.

Also, you can't go wrong as a songwriter when the lyrics composed by Ms. Petty find their inspiration in the near-inexpressibly beautiful things she observes in our Mother Nature that rival the beauty we see within (and without) the persons we give our love to, and whom we hope will accept it from us, and give it back.

What I mean is, this Earth feeds us, shelters us, clothes us, provides us with enough mundane and mystical wonders to contemplate for the span of our entire lives, and all these things are given to us absolutely freely by Her, without us even having to ask for them. Now, if that ain't love of the unconditional kind, I don't what is. All we have to do, is follow her example, and I get the strong sense that you and Ms. Petty are doing just that, through the way the lyrics discover and explore the way human beings' feelings for each other are mirrored in the moods and movements of 'Nature'.

Musically speaking, I really like the way the voices are doubled and delayed in section C of the song. They have the rhythm of waves that rush to the shore, retreat, and then return to the shore, ceaselessly, inevitably and, perhaps, joyfully. Who knows? At the very least, you could say they are always there for each other, ha, ha smile !!! The Real Tracks underscoring your arrangement radiate warmth, and a sense of the peace and contentment that comes from two hearts/people/lovers that have committed to each other.

It’s a reflective, refreshing, and reassuring song. Thank you and Ms. Petty for unveiling it on the User's Forum!

- bluage -

Last edited by bluage; 10/06/19 08:55 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,
Never easy following Loren, lovely folk feel, pretty vocals, and harmonies, nice lyrics and a good mix.

Top stuff.

Peter

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really nice song all the way around.......lyrics, melody, arrangement/mix, and of course, the vocals!!! Great job Joanne!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As always you show just how good you are with a traditional folk feel. Perfect for your vocals.

And what a nice lyric you had to work with!

Well done...

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another gem from you, I listened several times which is always a good sign that you've done something well.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Enjoyable folk tune with great band. I like especially the strong chorus and vocals & harmonies there. Beautiful nature imagery in lyrics.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You and this style of music are a natural match. Love the imagery and alliteration in the lyric and your melodic and rhythmic rendering of them is spot on. The band sounds great, smooth on the bottom and light and percussive on the top...kind of like those clouds blowing in the sky. Very, very nice. Congrats on 8. It's not a race or a contest. It's a challenge.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Good arrangement and lyrics, melodic, well sung. Simply put, really nice! laugh

Nits:

For some reason, the delayed vocal (you can hear it at 2:00) had a sort of digital delay vibe, which felt out of place given how "natural" the rest of the arrangement was. Which is ironic if you consider that all the BiaB instruments are actually digital manipulations of sorts. crazy

The mandolin seemed a bit aggressive. I love the mandolin, but perhaps it was a bit too forward in the mix. Or not.

Not Nits:

Everything else. wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,347
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213