Hi Folks.
After reading some suggestions, decided to give this another shot with vocals. So I re-singed my parts using a different mic. I think vocals are more clear now. Thank you for taking time and your suggestions!
Crocodile Version II

Crocodile Version II

Here is my September contribution to the forum. Just having fun. Mixing was somewhat challenging on this, so I will post the final version as is. Spoken lyrics where derived from Wiki. My wife, Katya helped with spoken vocals. Critical points are ALWAYS welcomed. Thank you for your time!
Misha.

Crocodile

Lyrics:
It is getting late, I am sitting in my cave
Got no light, no books, no video games
Got no shiny TV on my wall, but I got this pile of mammoth bones

From palaeontological and archaeological evidence, Australopithecus apparently evolved in eastern Africa around 4.2 million years ago before spreading throughout the continent and eventually becoming extinct 1.9 million years ago

Sitting by the hut on a shore of Nile
Im gonna hunt me a tasty crocodile
I got no computer with sixty four damn bit
All I got is a sharp spear and a pair of fast feet

The first settlements in the Nile Valley began around 7,000 years ago. Hunters and gatherers moved to the Nile Valley from less fertile areas in Africa and southwest Asia. As in other parts of the world, these settlements gradually developed into more and more complex societies.

It is getting late, sitting at my desk
can not see the moon through a muddy glass
little buttons flicker on telephony dial
I wish I would be hunting crocodiles.

The 21st century has been marked by growing economic globalization and integration, with consequent increased risk to interlinked economies, as exemplified by the Great Recession of the late 2000s and early 2010s. This period has also seen the expansion of communications with mobile phones and the Internet, which have caused fundamental societal
changes in business, politics, and individuals' personal lives.

Tech stuff: 
Lyrics: me + Wikipedia 
Vocals: me / Katya
BIAB:
2590:Bass, Electric, RockPickedQuarters Ev 165
896:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock Ev 100
2553:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16thsHigh Ev16 075
1601:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop16Melodic Ev 065
1577:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Soul60sSync Ev 110
2335:String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
RealDrums:PopPromiseEv16^5-a: Snare, HiHat , b: Snare, Ride Various Kontakt midi guitars. Recorded & mixed in Cakewalk.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 09/15/20 03:49 AM.