https://soundcloud.com/mark_hayes/careless-logic

I wrote the basic song here centuries ago, when I was 12, a little musical teabag with a new guitar, steeping in early-mid 1960s music and songwriting. This production is my first endeavor at using BIAB and I have to say, I am pretty happy with this puppy.

There were lyrics, but they are so embarrassing they remain suppressed. This recording is the closest they have ever come and ever will come to being heard; I sang them into an audio track, used that track to create a Logic “flex pitch” MIDI track, then deleted the original audio. The “vocal” is now a tremelo-y electric guitar lead that sounds kind of tipsy against the well-dressed BIAB backup band.

Technical: I started with BIAB, using the RealStyle listed below. I then exported both the audio tracks and the available MIDI tracks, and imported everything into Logic Pro. The MIDI tracks became brass, strings, and organ, which I freely messed with. I then added my own vocal-to-guitar track and here we have it, in all its bombastic teenage glory.

*** BIAB Song Summary ***
Style is _CSWFIDF.STY
RealTracks in style: ~536:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~974:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanA-B Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~977:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingGrittyA-B Sw 140
RealTracks in style: 1113:Fiddle, Background CountrySwingA-B Sw 140
RealDrums in Style: NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat