Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#769620 06/26/23 03:57 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My husband died in April with me by his side. HIs organs shut down as cancer consumed his liver. They had him on heavy drugs. He could no longer move or speak and they told me the last to go would be his hearing. So I stroked his arm and spoke to him of good times, how proud I was of him, for him not to worry that I would be okay and it was okay for him to go. His favorite song was Amazing Grace and Elvis was one of his favs so I played an album off youtube on the phone with the young Elvis singing Gospel songs including Amazing Grace. Then I told him I was going to rest for a little while and kissed him.

I had pulled the little recliner as close as I could get it next to his hospital bed. I'd been sleeping there for the past four days. The next thing I knew nurses were crowded around his bed saying his pupils were fixated and his heart had stopped - he was gone at 2 am. I stayed there with his body for a while, stroked his hair and kissed his head one last time. Then a security guard wheelel me holdling our stuff out into the parking lot. And I drove home in the dark. I could barely feel my feet.

I've been through loss. I've written songs about it. I have never felt like this. The pain has been almost unbearable at times. I cry rivers. Anything can set me off. My emotions don't give a crap what my intellect knows. Giant waves of sorrow find me. It was only one year ago he was diagnosed with cancer. The loneliness without his presence here is beyond words.

The GriefShare groups around here had all ended. I'm in an online 13 week group that goes through the summer. Thank God.

As for what's next, with much trepidation I'm likely moving to Kentucky to live in a room at my best girlfriend's house in the fall. I'll miss our home, all our things, and especially my music room. It's like a multiple whammy of grief on grief.

Meanwhile I try to take care of myself physically since I almost died in December. I'm so thankful he didn't have to go through losing me and facing cancer alone. He was so happy I was home that he made us milkshakes every night while we watched the bowl games.
Four months later he's gone. We were together 47 years. LIfe as I knew it, is over.
I know I lived everyday of it but it seems as if it all went by so fast.

PM's are welcome from those who've lived this or if you just want to say something privately.

I thank you in advance for any and all kind thoughts and prayers sent my way.

The song for this thread - Memories. https://youtu.be/v2WrD_gdWVo

Josie

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Your message brought tears to my eyes. I don't know you but I wish I could give you a hug and we could cry together. Please get that hug from someone near to you. I know it will help.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #769624 06/26/23 04:37 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Your message brought tears to my eyes. I don't know you but I wish I could give you a hug and we could cry together. Please get that hug from someone near to you. I know it will help.

Dan

I feel the same way Josie.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You are in my prayers.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K
A tragic end to a beautiful love story. Losing a life partner after 47 years of marriage is undoubtedly a challenging and heartbreaking experience. During this difficult time, it's important to remember that you are not alone and that there is support available to you.

Your love story is a testament to the enduring power of love. Over the course of 47 years, you and your husband created a lifetime of cherished memories together. Hold onto those beautiful moments and let them bring you solace and warmth.

Although your husband is no longer physically present, the love you shared will always remain in your heart. Love transcends the boundaries of life and death, and your connection with him will continue to be a part of who you are.

Take time to grieve and honor your husband's memory. It's okay to feel a range of emotions, from sadness to anger to confusion. Allow yourself to experience these feelings, and don't rush the healing process. Remember to be patient and kind to yourself.

Surround yourself with loved ones who can offer support. Friends, family, and community members can provide comfort, companionship, and understanding during this challenging time. Reach out to those who care about you and share your thoughts and feelings with them.

Seek solace in activities or hobbies that bring you joy. Engaging in things you love can provide a sense of peace and distraction from grief. Whether it's spending time in nature, reading, painting, or pursuing any other passion, allow yourself to find moments of happiness amidst the sorrow.

Consider joining a support group or seeking counseling if you find it helpful. Speaking with others who have experienced a similar loss can be immensely comforting. Professionals trained in grief counseling can provide guidance and support as you navigate this new chapter of life.

Remember that it's okay to ask for help. Sometimes, we may feel hesitant to reach out, but allowing others to lend a helping hand can make a significant difference. Whether it's practical assistance or emotional support, don't hesitate to lean on your support network.

Keep your husband's memory alive through storytelling and reminiscing. Share stories and memories with family and friends, as it can help you preserve the legacy of your love and keep his spirit alive.

Take care of yourself physically and emotionally. Grief can take a toll on our well-being, so prioritize self-care. Get enough rest, eat nourishing food, and engage in activities that promote healing and relaxation.

Know that it's okay to find happiness and peace again in the future. Although the pain may seem overwhelming now, with time, you will find moments of lightness and joy. Allow yourself to embrace those moments and know that your husband would want you to continue living a fulfilling life.

Please remember that these are just words, and the healing process is unique for each person. It's essential to be patient with yourself and seek additional support when needed.

God bless you, Josie Beck, and just know all your PG friends grieve with you.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry for your loss Josie.

I know that in time your treasured memories of your many years together will start to ease the pain a little.

Thinking of you here.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss Josie.
Surround yourself with loved ones, keep those memories alive and take one day at a time.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dearest Josie,

I am lost for words.

Thinking of you today and reminded of one of our songs from so many years ago…

Here in the quiet hours
Where the wind cries in the rain
When the sound of every raindrop
Is as subtle as a train
Here in the times of freedom
Where the dreamer has the power
It’s here that I dream you
Here in the quiet hours

Here in the quiet hours
Where the night becomes a haven
When I give in to the silence
For the thoughts that I’d been saving
Here could be a mystery
Where the garden has no flowers
It’s you who is on my mind
Here in the quiet hours

Here in the quiet hours
Where the clock dial lights the room
When the phone rings at 3am
And it’s just a voice from the moon
Here are all my reasons
Where I climb the highest towers
It’s a wonder that I miss you
Here in the quiet hours

Here in the quiet hours
Where the sand fills my eyes
When the dreams that I’ve had
Are too real to be realized
Here is where I knew you
Where the night pours down in showers
It’s here that I wait for you
Here in the quiet hours

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Josie,
I too am incredibly saddened by your devastating loss, but I hope that having shared your situation with all of your friends on this forum, that this might bring you some relief, and hopefully lessen the grieving that you are rightfully suffering now.
Take care of yourself, you are very important.
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I never know what to say in times like this, Josie. I feel for you, and am sorry for your loss. I hope the fond memories you have will ease the sorrow.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
So very sorry to hear about your husband, Josie. This is devastating, I know. It will get easier but that doesn't help much right now. You are so strong and kind for being there for him all the way to the end. We should all be so lucky to have someone like you. Take time to grieve. He will always be a part of you. Remember the great times, the music, those milkshakes. Take good care of yourself through this incredibly painful time. <3

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
So very sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine it at your age (so young)
Very much wishing you the best moving forward (and prayers)
Like JJJ said; please take care of yourself (make it a priority) .. we're all pulling for you

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Josie,

I never know what to say or do when I encounter such sadness, grief and loss.

You are strong. I'm confident you will survive to live through this most dreadful experience.

Find someone to talk to and fill their ears with stories of both the good and bad experiences of the last 47 years. Contact his friends, family and co-workers. They don't know what to say or how to approach you. But sharing past experiences help the healing process.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My condolences Josie. I hope everything in your coming days comes as smooth as possible and that you'll be able to keep in touch with us here.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Josie.

I'm sorry for your loss, and you're in my prayers.

I wish there were more that could be done to ease you through this process of pain and grieving.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I want to thank you. Every kind word and your thoughts and prayers mean more than you know. It's weird how surreal it can still feel at times. The grief counseling group is helping. I have minutes sometimes hours - I haven't made it a whole day or night yet without tears. Knowing y'all care helps. God bless you
Josie

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dear Josie sorry to hear about your husband, I will be praying for you, reading your post. Broke my heart it was a genuine love story. God bless you my hope is he will place people in your life that will love on you and ease the pain your feeling. my sweet Helene is always on my mind September 28th will be 2 years since she passed take care of your self you will be in my prayers Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
My heart goes out to you... God bless you.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Sorry for your loss.
Hope this is helpful.

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We are so sorry to hear this and wish you continued strength to help you through this.
The obvious love both of you shared will provide you with years of wonderful memories that sadly many couples have never experienced. Nothing breaks a bond like that.

Love,

J&B

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
My heart goes out to you Josie. Praying for strength and solace to help you through these times.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,727
Posts736,591
Members38,557
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
davyowdoo, Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl
38,556 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189