Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by jannesan
... people get so upset about the f-word when they should be upset about war, bombs, death & bloody rain ...
This!
Originally Posted by jannesan
I really like the idea of the song. Reactions and censorship just prove the point of the title. There are people who are angry because of injustice in the world and that is not fake news. Then there are those who want to close their eyes: pure dreamers, those who want to downplay the wrongs and those who deny it all by talking about fake news - and then, as appropriately described, they shoot/jail/hospitalize the messenger instead of fixing anything. You have clearly expressed your idea in excellent lyrics with pearls like "A vulnerable mind is seen as weak/Like someone odd/Like a creepy freak"
Good angry rock song, very nice chorus melody. Pleasant mix - good bass and yes the arpeggio works, piano is surprising, but very good addition to the band.

And Natalie shines, I love Natalie's low register and you have really used that as a powerful weapon in the song.

Janne
Thanks Janne.
I am VERY happy about how precisely you got my intentions behind the song smile

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by dcuny
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
What are a "fake lyrics"? Do you mean something like "fake news" that tells about things that are not true?
In David's defense, when I read your post, I also thought you had implied AI written the lyrics, including profanities. blush
You are right, my words could certainly be interpreted in that direction.
Thank you for pointing this out to me [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Hey perhaps I should apologize here, since I may have come across as the biggest prude, which is a role I do not usually play, for sure.

I went back and listened to the song two more times through to see if I had missed something.

Here is the question B.D. asked:

"No idea if this story works as a song or if I'd better make a movie out of it.
I think the lyrics are okay-ish, but I'm not sure if the tracks are not just a little bit too over the top.
You guys will tell me."

In retrospect, there are some really cool things going on here, and the lyrics definitely describe the current world. Dead on.

I would be the last person to restrict artistic freedom, because I know I have done some crazy stuff here. I say have it, everybody. Do what you want.

BUT, B.D. did ask if any one thought it might be "over the top" in any way and wanted to know how it affected them. He also asked if we thought it "worked" as a song because he was not sure.

Upon a complete third listen, very carefully, I have to say, there is some really cool stuff going on here.

BUT, for some reason, the setup at the beginning made it a little difficult for me as a listener to really get into it.

That is not to say the song is "bad." To another, it may be the greatest song ever written, and deservedly so,

But I was asked as listener, if, in essence, I felt any "barriers to entry": specifically, by the OP.

And my answer, for whatever it is worth, is YES.

I guess until I gave it another try.

AND, I think a discussion that is likely to continue as the years go by will be: "How much AI/synth in a song is too much before YOU, individually, as a listener, begin to tune out?"

If we can't discuss that globally perhaps committees need to be created for certain people who have more expertise in certain genres.

I have zero expertise with songs that are mostly synth-based, so I probably have no business giving feedback on them.
Any feedback is good!
I have no problem if someone doesn't like one of my songs, especially if the reasons are explained.
I still like you smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Brain,

I heard this song on YouTube yesterday and I was really impressed. What a good song!
And so creative with the help of the AI girls showing both sides of the coin (if you can call it that).
I also had to smile because I thought how the BiaB censors would react to this.
I was a bit disappointed by some of the responses on the same topic. But I think this is because this language is not a problem in my country, not even on TV or in the newspaper.

So, back to the song. A great song, strong lyrics and it really is a very fascinating song. In it's own way just like all your other songs...
Your AI-skills are on a very high level!!!

Hans
Thank you very much for listening and for your detailed feedback, Hans.
And also for your comment on YouTube.
I really appreciate that.
Like you, I think it's a cultural difference between the US and Europe, and also that some people are more conservative with language and others are not.
I have no problem with either.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
B.D.,
cool experiment, nice composition and mix. If you don't pay attention to the message / lyrics goes well. Clear mix.
Now the critique smile
The message and vocals resonate in strange way (the angelic vocals). I can sense robo. Meaning most of true punk girl tunes I've heard with similar message (the ones I liked), were more convincing / sincere while this sounds more like pop production.

In any case, I applaud your creativity and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I have listened to this multiple times - my thoughts are below. I recognise the time, effort and talent you have put into this. Sorry if you feel any of the negative comments are harsh or unjustified. Thanks a lot for posting the song.
Date: 28/12/2023
System: Mackie Studio monitors
--------------------------------------------------

Duration 3 45
Overall impression
There’s a lot I like in this enterprising and thematically ambitious composition
Song (musical structure, melody, lyric, …)
Well done for the chord structure – simple and effective.
This line needs a re-think “Smash lives like hammers boulders”
I particularly like Solaria’s melody lines.
Instrumentation
Good use of contrasts in the music (piano section)
Vocals
Are the singers virtual – I’m guessing they are. The tone is fine but the word/line stress is frequently unnatural. This is a shame as it distracts from the clever lyric.
Mix / Production
All the instruments are well chosen and really nicely combined in the mix
What I really liked
The synth line that kicks in at 50:00 is indeed superb
I really like the “power-pop” groove you set up on this one
What could be improved
Ending is sub optimal, a touch anti-climactic.
Some lines sound ‘unnatural’
Maybe 30 s too long, but I say that about everything
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having read some of the other comments I find the objections to the lyrics unfounded. Plenty of mainstream artists have f*ck / f*cked and f*cking in their lyrics and it doesn't seem to do them any harm (other than they need to produce a 'clean' version for radio play.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Al-David
B.D.

Your talent with the AI voices is most impressive. A contemporary song that has that fresh feel to it.

I lived in Europe for 12 years (in your home country) and in Asia for two years. Those societies are much more accepting of the language you have chosen and the folks there don't find it all that objectionable. Here in the States, the outlook on those things is more puritanical and, thus, not that well-received.

As someone else already mentioned (Floyd?), music is art. Each artist chooses his own path, and the art lovers get to choose what they do and don't like about the artist's work.

All that said, you are a master of the AIs and music creation in general. I always enjoy your work.

Alan
Thank you for your kind and encouraging feedback, Alan.
Much appreciated!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Brian
Good song
The vocals are really cool
And recording the whole thing as a duet was an excellent idea
The video is also well done
A great job
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Hi B.D.,

Interesting song! I liked the AI vocals and the contrast between the pessimistic and optimistic singers.

Like some others, I preferred the Solaria parts, because they had good energy, and maybe because I'm an optimist, too ;-)

Very solid production, I enjoyed the mix of instruments and synths.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by MarioD
BD, I think you put today's world in a song!
The world is really messed up.
Your lyrics were spot on, including the F-bombs.
You have mastered those synth voices!
Super backing tracks and mix.
Outstanding song.
Thank you so much, Mario, for listening and your kind feedback, I really appreciate it.
I think it would take a complete concept album to put today's world into a song, but at least it's a start smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by animarorecords
B.D.Thomas,

Synth V's vocals made by you are really attractive.
You must be a master of using Synth V.
The melody is very pop as usual.
Bad girls are always quite attractive to men.
Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Thank you Shigeki Adachi for your kind words.
Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by animarorecords
Bad girls are always quite attractive to men.
I know, I'm married to one smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by WaoBand
I really like the whole thing. I say n'more.
Thank you, WaoBand, for taking the time to listen and comment.
Much appreciated.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Greg Johnson
Really creative song and excellent mix!!!! I continue to be amazed by those vocal synths!! An excellent production in every way!! Take care. Greg
Thanks for listening and your kind feedback, Greg.
Much appreciated.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
[ Sorry for the late replies, my life is pretty chaotic these days and I'm just trying to catch up ]

Originally Posted by Deej56
BD,

OK, so I’ve stopped by this thread over the last few days and such . . . and I’m a little befuddled by the hoopla. I get folks aversions to gratuitous language . . . I hate it when comedians use it as such, and B-grade movies and the like . . . because it’s often just lazy and without meaning. But that’s not the case here at all . . . and the language resonates within the context of what you’ve written. Let’s be honest . . . this is casual language many of us use and hear. Who hasn’t said or heard “This is so f ..ed up”? Why the aversion when we hear it in a song.

I get it. Subjectivity . . . perspective . . . point of view . . . I’m not judging; just supporting.

You are among two or three on this board who excel beyond belief at your use of AI vocals. This is no exception. Beautifully done and expressive.

The write is conceptually sound and thoughtful. . . two opposing viewpoints contrasted in a duet. I think it’s very well executed. And the production is top notch as always.

Good and really interesting tune. Kudos.

Deej
Thank you so much, Deej, for your really kind words and your detailed comment.
I really appreciate it [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by tommyad
BDT, the production is first class. The good angel,bad angel angle works well in this crazy world. The voices are simply amazing. You are a master of this new territory. Regardless of all the controversy surrounding the use of language that is heard every day on streets , I really liked and appreciate what you’ve created, Tom
Thanks a lot for your nice feedback, Tom.
Much appreciated!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by rayc
Lots of good elements and the language is fine if it expresses how you feel...I know lots of folk who can't express emotion without profanity.
My problems is that the lyrics, music and voices don't combine to express in a way that works for me.
Thanks for listening and your feedback, Ray.
It's a shame that the song as it is now doesn't work for you, but I'm glad you told me anyway [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]
Negative feedback is just as good as positive feedback.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
We enjoyed the song and the video and often have those same contrasting thoughts about this ole world we live in.

The contrast of Natalie’s colder, angry vocal with Solaria’s light, heartfelt vocal worked a charm with the lyric’s opposing viewpoints.

Great mix and good work with the synthesizers also.

After being reminded of that last scene in “The Planet of the Apes" we may have to watch that movie again soon.

Well done,

J&B
Thanks for listening and your feedback, Janice & Bud.
And now that you mention it, I haven't seen that movie in ages ... I may have to watch it again too smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi BD.

You've done a great job writing, arranging and producing this song. Quite honestly, we need more heartfelt songs like this. When I look around the world at Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Palestine, unprecedented destructive weather in the form of rain, hurricanes, floods and fires, saying that the world is effed-up is an understatement. Sometimes, people need to be jolted into listening to a message, and your song does that remarkably well.You've also done a really excellent job with Natalie and Solaria. You are clearly very adept at using these vocaloids.

It's thumbs up from me!
--Noel
Thank you, Noel, for listening and for your very kind comment.
Much appreciated!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by vicarn
Well, to me it's quite refreshing.
I can't see a problem with using a synth vocal as long as it's used well. It's just an another instrument.

Well done.

Vic
Thanks Vic, your feedback is (as always) much appreciated.
And I also see vocals (whether synthesized or real) as another instrument.
A very expressive one!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
B.D.,
cool experiment, nice composition and mix. If you don't pay attention to the message / lyrics goes well. Clear mix.
Now the critique smile
The message and vocals resonate in strange way (the angelic vocals). I can sense robo. Meaning most of true punk girl tunes I've heard with similar message (the ones I liked), were more convincing / sincere while this sounds more like pop production.

In any case, I applaud your creativity and thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Thanks, Misha, for listening and your good feedback [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

I totally agree with what you say, but at the moment it's not really possible to get a dirty, gritty, raspy, nasty voice out of Synthesizer V.
Natalie (the one who sings in the lower register) is the most usable for that and is even with tons of distortion still way too clean, so I always have to settle for pop-punk.
The other singer (Solaria) is intentionally clean to create contrast.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,660
Posts735,521
Members38,528
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gman97040, kadju, theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track
38,527 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173