Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Veteran
Veteran
Rv2 is a lot easier as it uses non destructive clip editing, that's another thing Biab needs.

The main Biab can be made to export track data to Reaper.
It could work the same as below:
"You can remotely run actions including scripts via HTTP using the Web Interface feature.
Preferences > Control/OSC/Web"

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
mcity.

re nd editing. Let me lay out what I feel bb and/or rb need to slay the market....feel free to add your own dream ideas.
Let's go further. (and let's not forget in BB the need for the big clock and big chord display for the vision impaired like in rb ?)
I'm gonna post this in the wishlist. my dream list for a little company from bc slaying the market.
(BBTV = the new lovely bb tracks view and NDE is non destructive editing.)
Basically BBTV is the musos work center.

1..NDE in BBTV.
..hilite a section of audio or midi track i.e. a clip and like in rv2 or rb right clicking highlighted section brings up a menu of user editing commandss. including all types of traditional daw editing commands and akin to rb right click.
and including the commands one gets by clicking in the bb audio edit view ...and the same right clik menu includes regen a clip or track command. ie right clik menu is editing central..ie expansion of the brilliant rb editing concept.
..editing in context with one's other daw tracks. ie like in rv2 tracks view or rb i can see all edits i am doing in conjunction with seeing all my other tracks.
makes it easier to do subtle movement of notes or clips back or forward in time…and line bits of track up with other tracks.
eg a early/or late drum shot or vocal note. result the bb audio edit view is no longer needed.
..use of cursors in editing like in rv2 for fading in/out clip, changing volume of clip which is highly useful e.g. in balancing sections of vocal tracks in detail. saves more precise imho instead of using a plugin.
..editing of both audio and midi tracks in BBTV.

2..ADDITION OF SPECIAL TRACKS.(under the bbtv timeline.).
..a chord track which takes over the functions of chords view.
..a song section labels/markers track. whereby the user can enter 'intro' or 'verse' or 'chorus' or bridge or outro or whatever. I/V/C/B/O is how us songwriters typically think when crteating songs.
..a lyric track. self explanatory.
..a tempo track (or this could be built into the chord track to save space)
note re graphical vol automation like in rb or rv2 i'm not a fan. For us vision impaired we can't often draw in the points properly. which is why I prefer the use of an up/down cursor on a section of track. By comparison vol automation is too 'fiddly' to enter and get right from my experience.
..maybe a special drums creation track. as drums are
unique. eg for building drum solos etc.

3..OTHER NICETIES.
..added functionality to the current bb reverb/eq mini feature on each track which I find highly useful for 'quickie demos' instead of useing vst plugins that might be cpu hogs.
ie a new low cpu usage 'mini channel strip'....comp/lim/noise gate/simple eq/reverb.
one knob for comp/lim and one knob for noise gate idea. of course vol/pan included.
..addition of features that might help the vision impaired further.Hopefully the above would lessen the learning cycle for new users, and be even more daw like.
because the current chord/one track audio edit/mixer views would not be needed.
ie time would be saved for the user flitting between different views.
and the advantage for pg i would suggest strategically to keep users in bb rather than needing to use other music apps. I'm sure lots of people are like myself, i.e. tired of flitting between different music apps and the time this all entails.

i'm sure ive missed something….lol.
anything ive forgotten i'll add.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/17/24 07:16 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
I think you have covered all what's needed.
Just get a real tempo map and real time signatures.
"I'm sure lots of people are like myself, i.e. tired of flitting between different music apps and the time this all entails."
That's why I'm still here trying to get that "all in one", I was very focused on improving RealBand but all the energy was going into Biab, so these days I have just been focusing on Biab and the PLUGIN.
Before the Mac version we had a biannual release but now it's a year at a time for features to be added frown frown and "life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans".

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
mcity.
well i pray pg do new BBTV right.
because it could result in lots of new biz imho.
done right it could vault bb forward big time and slay the market for pg. no other song creation app would get close
if BBTV is done right.
as it stands its a fantastic concept that needs addied development and features as ive tried to outline.
one can only hope...lol.

as to RB one can only hope once again that implementation of the features suggested for BBTV would also vault RB forward.
i would be happy if either bb or rb have the feature set ive outlined. ie implement the 'music creation center' concept to save all the flitting around rather like an easter egg hunt...lol...thats coming up.
RB is getting close now and i can only hope the suggestions and exchanges ive made to jeff who is obviously very talented are done.

frankly whats surprised me over the years is that JF who is also brilliant never added bb like features to R.
same for other daws. maybe its cos pg rules viz content and session players.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/17/24 02:56 PM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
I think Jeff is mainly programming Biab so RealBand only gets a few tweaks or cosmetic changes.
If it was me, I'd be working on improving it day in day out, and at the same time I'd be moving the generate code into the actual PLUGIN C++ code. Once they get the play wma direct working it would have to all go ahead, with the PLUGIN giving instant Gen in any DAW with no waiting for wav files written to hard drive, give the same in RealBand with NDE.
It's the same with the PLUGIN it has to wait for the Biab programmers to add things to BBW4 that the PLUGIN needs, so it to is slower in progress than it could be.
At the moment everything runs on Biab or Biab in the background.

Again, it's going to be more years waiting, so that's why I made it all work with Reaper giving the users way more control of everything, I just wish I knew to do this 15 years ago without wasting all my time trying to make RealBand better [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in] [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in] I had to learn how it all worked because of sheer frustration to do it, PG already knew how it all worked but they didn't look at other DAW's like Reaper to see how easy they worked.
Just a bit worn out these days from it all.

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
mcity.

well im sure pg know whats needed.
the problem with a large user base based on my own experiences is lots of different user views and opinions on how apps should be developed.

as to rb imho its a shame that rb wasnt aggressively developed 10 to 15 years ago.
then daw users everywhere would have flocked to rb imho. instead daw users flocked to other daws that were developing rapidly...sigh.
but now rb is getting much closer.
i still have to use the bb/rb/R combo rather than the bb/rb combo which would save me time.
fyi the combo i use uses a common win folder for each song so everything related to the song is in the one song folder whether bb or rb or r created.
each music app has features i like.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/18/24 06:22 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
The other issue with RealBand is it's not crossplatform. The PLUGIN is crossplatform but then the backend BBW4 is not and it has to wait 6 months for the Mac version BBW4.
So going way into the future, long after I have gone, they may have a total crossplatform Biab DAW rather than this 6 months apart double programming time business. You may see AI code translation that could translate the old Delphi code into crossplatform C++ ???
I tried years ago to get a crossplatform 64bit but not many had the insight to see what I saw back then:

programming language upgrade delphi to c++
Originally Posted by Pipeline
So we are all settled on a vsti version and a 64 bit c++ audio workstation version I will mark that as confirmed. The existing delphi32 version as stated will still be available for the older users and the 64 bit c++ audio workstation will also be ported to Macintosh.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,644
Posts735,396
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.