Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Good day all….

I’ve been trying to scratch my way out of a creative deficit lately (being several months) and finally came up with this one.
Throwing it against the forum wall It’s called Secrets And Lies.. .
Many thanks to Ken (klasaine) for his generous time, ears and musicianship.
To any that give it a spin we thank you and hope you found it worthy of your time.

(to dispel any possible rumors….NO….I’ve never been a vigilante or spy. Although, humans have done things that make my blood boil and I’ll look fondly at option #2 :))

https://www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject (1st one on the list)
https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966 (1st one on the list)

EDIT: I forgot to add the style info:
_BOOGIE1.STY TexasBoogie 2 Guitars (140 RS)
All-RealTrks, 2 Texas Boogie guits. 1st style uses crisp clean Blues sound, sync. for A & classic riff for B. 2nd guit grittier, shuffle for A, quarters for B. (El.Bass, El.Guitar, El.Guitar, Drums=NashvilleShuffle^01-HiHat,Ri
de)
BIAB: drums/bass/piano
Vox, lyrics, music: me
Guitars: Ken Lasaine.

[b]Intro:
Chorus:

Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say)
Secrets and lies….secrets and lies.
Verse 1
“You know your mission, we got your back. We’re taking no prisoners. They’re the worst of the bad. Stage a situation to look good in their eyes. Give it some time and they’ll invite you inside.” Secrets and lies….secrets and lies.
Verse 2
Dressed to the nines with a very cool pad. Strutting around town in a shiny sedan. Add a bit of flash with some money to spend. Play the role and treat them all like you’re friends.”
Chorus:
Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say)
Verse 3
Breaking out the good stuff to help them relax over easy conversation how you won at the tracks. Spin a few tales of the crimes in your past. Not a word of it’s true, just part of the act. If you’re feeling suspicion, deflect and deceive. Some misdirection may be just what you need. Be cool under pressure, with tricks up your sleeve. Have a good story, one they’ll believe.
Chorus:
Lead break: verse music & chorus music
Verse 4
I had a mission, here’s what they said: “We‘re taking no prisoners, they’re the worst of the bad.” The mission’s accomplished, according to plan. The world’s a better place you can trust me on that.
Chorus:
Vamp out: with Bm & ‘secrets and lies.

Copyright: Wayne Evans – music & lyrics March 17, 2024 23:10

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/18/24 08:18 AM.
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Wayne, this sounds like a nice slump breakout to me! Fun song, and it sounds great. Ken provides great support. He RIPS that solo off, and it's placed well in the arrangement. Nice one!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Wayne.

Wow! This is really engaging in every way.
I love the lyrics. You've come up with some great lines and rhymes that flow really well.
The arrangement and production are excellent. It's a great groove, a real toe-tapper!
Kudos to Ken, too. His guitar work is a perfect fit.
I enjoyed everything about this.

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Good day all....

DC Ron....
smile....I was definitely in a slump.
I've had 4-5 topics noted for some time and this title was one of them.
Once I got put pen and clipboard in hand I was able to flesh out the lyrics in a couple of days.
Of course, after that 'slump' period of time I had to re-learn my recording apps again!

Noel96....
I didn't expect it (lyrically) to turn out like it did.
I originally thought I would express (3) different scenarios of the topic....one for each of (3) verses.
But, it evolved on it's own and came out to just one scenario....a very risky one at that.
I do tend to pick edgy topics and hope that I express interesting imagery with the topic.
But, the generous listeners witl determine if that is so. smile

Thank you both for taking the time to listen and the very kind comments.
A good day to all.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/18/24 09:06 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man am I glad you are out of your slump!
This sounds fantastic.
Great vocal and lyrics.
Loved that guitar lead, super chops.
The perfect backing band.
All blended with the perfect mix.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy Mario....

Those are very kind works and I thank your for chiming in and the favorable comments.
It's most rewarding to get generous approvals from our peers.
I'm still trying to keep from pegging the 'you totally suck' meter. smile

Funny thing is: This one penned end of March. Since then I've finished another one (Time Waits For No One) and I have another that about 1/2 done.
Maybe creative slumps for old song writing fossils come out of the gate with increments of (3) new ones? smile

Thanks again Mario....hope all is well!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great slump exit!

Creative lyric, fine vocals, excellent guitar work 👍🎸 by Ken and a nice mix ... good soundstage on the monitors.

Well done all around and we enjoyed the listens!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great stuff, unique ideas and loved that guitar solo. Great way to break out of your slump, looking forward to hearing the next one!

Brad

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy J&B...
I thought it was a good phrase as a topic to expound upon.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no first hand experience on the subject. smile
That made the write challenging enough for me pea brain.

Howdy Brad....
Yeah....that 'slump' was wearing on me a bit.
But, we've all been through them.
Yesterday I counted up all my recorded originals....currently at 49 including the one I'll be mixing today..
I started song writing in '74 which is only an average of .98 songs per year....I'm failure. smile

Thanks to you all very much for giving it a listen and favorable comments.
Much appreciated.

Have a great weekend everyone.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Brilliant song - had me hooked from the start. Great lyrics, instrumentation and production. Perfect lead guitar break, too. Thoroughly enjoyable. Well done!

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Right off the bat this one grabs me. Great feeling and then the harmony lays perfectly. Cool bouncing melody lines. It could be a good theme song for a Spy series. I enjoyed both "versions." The second one sounded better, but that's because I knew the song and could groove along with it better, so no need to ask of which I speak. I'd personally like to welcome back your muse, Wayne.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
chulaivet1966 #808036 04/21/24 08:56 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Good morning everyone....

WaoBand....
It was a fun topic to try and write on.
Unfortunately, I actually had to rely on my aged imagination as I've never been a spy or vigilante so I have no 1st hand accounts. smile
I'm very pleased you enjoyed the effort.

Hey Marty....
smile....cool, glad to hear it 'grabs' you.
If was an enjoyable topic to try and write about.
Thanks for the 'welcome'.
(Just finished a final mix for my 2nd one, Time Waits For No One but I like to sit on it for a couple days before I upload just in case I missed something, which is more likely than not :))

Thank you both for the very giving it a listen and very favorable comments.
Have I ever mentioned "this song writing stuff isn't easy.? smile

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/21/24 11:20 AM.
chulaivet1966 #808043 04/21/24 11:04 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
[quote=chulaivet1966]Good morning everyone....

WaoBand....
It was a fun topic to try and write on.
Unfortunately, I actually had to rely on my aged imagination as I've never been a spy or vigilante so I have no 1st hand accounts. smile
I'm very pleased you enjoyed the effort.

"aged imaginantion" is good! I actually am a secret agent from another planet! This my theme (100% BiaB):

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
chulaivet1966 #808046 04/21/24 11:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wayne, this is just all around great!
You had me grabbed from the get go.
The only improvement for me would be if you guys continued the jam in the outro.
Great job.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
chulaivet1966 #808071 04/21/24 03:36 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Well....howdy Daley Knightly.
Very cool video and I dig the name.
Well done....I enjoyed it..

Hey BT....
Those are some very kind comments and much appreciate you taking the time to chime in and comment favorably.
smile....Know this weed hopper....I'm a secret junkie for the cool jams you refer to so I have to use discretion and restraint in that arena.
I could easily find a way to add what you refer to.
However, Ken puts up with my 16 bar lead sections and sneaky, simple bridge additions so I give him some slack on occasion.
I'm glad it had a grab factor and it was worthy of the listen.

Thanks again to everyone.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/21/24 03:46 PM.
chulaivet1966 #808087 04/22/24 03:51 AM
User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
I listened to 2 of your songs (secrets and lies, time waits for no one) and I really like them. There is rhythm and energy.
Laurent

chulaivet1966 #808097 04/22/24 07:36 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy laurent....

Thank you very much for taking the time to give them a listen and kind comments.
All my drivel is pretty much "rhythm and energy", upbeat and much of it danceable.
Have I ever said...:"this song writing stuff isn't easy". smile

Much appreciated.
Hope all is well.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,690
Posts736,040
Members38,541
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
lannguyen, hcginjections2024, carloncho, jofigueroajr, Zunzez
38,541 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 178