Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
They will screw you royally.

Gary

Pissed and not taking it

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Care to explain a little more?

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I was just venting.

I got one of their one year, no interest type credit cards back after Black Friday. I put $400 on it, the max they would give it to me for.

I paid $100 in January, $50 in February, and I was a couple of days late paying it this month, and they charged me like $46 in interest and late charges! So, instead of a balance of $250, I had, somehow, got a bill for $347!

I called them up and went into the store, and they said 'We dunno!' So, I just got really pissed, paid the whole thing off, lost about $100 as far as I'm concerned, and will never use WalMart again.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
People don't realize that Walmart will soon control all we do in retail and with no where else to go you will go there or not eat, buy clothes, or anything else. That's what they want, and I will bet they will win, no one can stop them. I live close to Sheboygan Wi. and we have two Walmarts five miles a part and one west of us in Plymouth Wi, which is 12 miles west. Sheboygan fought to shoot down the Walmart on the north side, but Walmart won and here we are, two stores, five miles a part. Sheboygan doesn't even have over 300,000 people, so there you are, Walmart Hitler runs the USA!!!

Critter
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It's not just WalMart, and it probably wasn't even WalMart's Credit Card. They contract credit operations out to other companies to service, but badge them with each store's logo. It's often Wells Fargo, and they're just nasty people to deal with.

I had a "same as cash" with HP's card (which was not serviced by HP) for an HP computer I purchased. I had been aggressively paying it off each month, but one of the payments was a few days late, because the bill got lost in the mail. I received a notice of a $35 fee and full back interest. It turns out it's all in the fine print of the agreement. They know (and I think expect) that most people will probably be late (even one day late) with a payment; doesn't matter that you've consistently been paying it down with 3 or 4 times the normal payment (which under normal plans means you may not even have a payment that month). But the "same as cash" (or no interest) offers specify that a certain payment must be made every month.

It's one of the ways they make their money and they know it.

By the way, for my problem, I called the servicing company and argued with them for an hour. They ended up taking the charges off, at which point, I sent in a check for the remaining balance and called them to close the account, never to to business with them again.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have all my bills, water, electric, phone paid a month in advance. The balance is always zero. I know, bad cash management, but I love getting bills that say zero.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Gary, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. HOWEVER, the situation you describe is nearly as old as the hills themselves.

Furniture and appliance stores are famous for this and have been doing this for literally decades. Interest free for one year - then BAM!!!!

Your first warning should have been: 'No interest credit'. That is NEVER the case. Never never ever never ever. 'Free' credit is paid for by folks like you - who thought they were minding the situation but forgot about the big due date. Miss that date and you'll pay dearly. This is the way it always works in these situations. Always. Count on it like clockwork.

Credit always costs somebody something. Unless you don't treat it like credit like John. In our family, we have 2 credit cards, an Amex and a MasterCard. Paid off every month. It's a check book to us. Interest paid last year on those cards, and previous 10 years or so: 0$. The only reason we have two is because we can use the Amex card at Costco and when we bought the big screen TV there, signing up for it gave us a $100 discount or something to that effect. We use the MC because we get a refund on the balance of a few bucks each month for using it. But we don't use them as credit for more than a 20 day period or so.

Caveat Emptor.

As Jford stated, the bank who made the terms probably has nothing to do with Wal-Mart nor the local people of your community that are employed there.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
John is correct,
I was just venting.

Yes Scott, I should have known better. So, it's paid off and I won't use their credit services again. Of course, I will shop there, I almost don't have a choice. Besides, I know it wasn't WalMart, it's GE Financial.

Gary

Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Hi Gary,When I tried to purchased biab from Pgmusic my Barclays visa card kept getting declined which was an error on Barclays part not mine.Without thinking I paid it with my new Virgin card which meant i not only went over the limit which cost me £12 but was charged £47 interest.I complained to Virgin about my mistake and asked them to refund these amounts back to me which after some back and forth they did.MBNA was the finance company and Ive had some bad dealings with them in the past but on this occassion they were great.Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J
I actually make money on my credit card. Its one of those 0.5% money back cards, paid off in full each mth so no interest payments, and they send me money vouchers every 2-3 mth which can be spent in store on anything.

joe

joe
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have heard that if you add up the numbers for all banks in the USA (and I presume the situation is similar for Canada), they make more money in penalty fees than they do for interest.

Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
It's becoming like the Company Store in coal mine towns.

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have both an Aeroplan Visa from the Bank of Commerce and a cash back Visa.

Both of them charge 16 percent on balances, I just keep them paid off.

I spend enough to get 2% cash back on the one.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
GE Financial and Wells Fargo are awful to deal with.

I'm with Scott on this one. We have a CostCo Amex and a Visa with our local bank (maybe a few other cards, but not many). All are paid in full every month. We pretty much funnel everything through the Amex, since we get a percentage back. It pays 1%, 2%, and 3% back, depending on what we are buying or where we are shopping. I haven't paid interest on a credit card in almost 20 years now and we get a significant check from Amex each year. Not bad, since it's all stuff we would have bought anyway.

We've closed all our other accounts, as well as making sure that fact is reflected in our credit report.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
I have used numerous 'no interest; no payment' plans, and have had no problems, as they do not require any monthly payments. No interest at all if the complete balance is paid for by the ending date. Of course, if you don't pay off ALL of the balance by the ending date, you will be charged ALL of the acquired interest from day one.

I closed a credit card recently that had a bad habit of sending my bills late, however, it's not a good idea to close accounts that aren't causing problems as it's a hit on your credit score for awhile. Keeping a bunch of accounts in good order is the best way to obtain good credit scores. That doesn't mean charging a lot of stuff every month, but using the cards a few times a year usually works fine.

So much depends on your credit score nowadays that guarding it like a hawk makes a lot of sense. I made a resolution in 2008 to have all of my debt, except for my vehicle and house, paid off by 01/01/2009. I did it, but not without some effort and denial and sacrifice; however it was well worth it. My car is at zero interest, so I didn't see a real advantage of paying that off early.

Fire, the wheel, and the I IV V -- foundations of civilization.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Axe,
I was under the impression that this is what that was, a 'no interest, no payment' for 12 months type of a thing. I had expected to have it totally paid off inside of six months, but it turns out I was wrong.

Yes, closing a paid off account *can* affect your credit rating, depending on a lot of things. This was only a $400 account, and I doubt that it'll take that much of a hit on my credit report, and I don't feel comfortable leaving it open.

Gary

Off-Topic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Where did the above poster come from? What's with the link at the bottom? Is this person a musical contributor?

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
I think he's a Nigerian banker.

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very close rubberball103

"One or more URLs in this domain were considered phishing and.."

One security report for that domain.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,775
Posts737,252
Members38,578
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Nickolas, philou33, Elvis Nash, randy gollard, palasound
38,578 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186